Instant Platinum A-Club Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

And for me. Many thanks, Hengli123.

Pat

rchoonfl
    Participant

i signed up but i didn’t get the platinum!

JordanD
    Participant

Worked for my mother (the things I do for parents …), however very frustratingly, it is refusing to let me log on with my card. Even going so far to say it doesn’t recognise either of my e-mail addresses (work/personal).

Frustrating.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Perhaps you signed up with a “promo” email a few years ago….

JordanD
    Participant

Nope – signed up at a Mercure hotel about 2 months ago. Card actually arrived whilst I was in South America last month – so new, I had to take it off the envelope backing!

My mother signed up at a Sofitel two weeks back – she doesn’t even have the proper card yet.

At a loss to explain it …

LeTigre
    Participant

rchoonfl, the platinum status is instant, it comes as soon as you sign up, or log in, you should have no problem.

Just to clarify, this status lasts 1 year only unless you requalify.

Also, free internet is not a perk at all Accor group hotels but instead is more of a perk at Sofitels and higher end ones- where you are likely to get it standard anyway.

rchoonfl
    Participant

thanks but unfortunately my status says Club Classic. anyway, I am more of a hotel slut with no real loyalty. my loyalty is wholly on airlines and BA/OW currently has it – more out of a lack of choice out of London to my destinations

TominScotland
    Participant

I, too, am now a proud A-club Platinum card holder (well, not literally ‘cos its not arrived yet). Now, given the comments on this thread, I am wondering what I do with it when it arrives. I rarely stay with Accor – actually, I did last week but that was unplanned and due to a flight change. I am not sure the Bristol Ibis offers much by way of room upgrades, anyway. Any suggestions other than VK’s ice-scraper?

JordanD
    Participant

Thanks to the OP for the link – after a call to Accor to sort out my account this morning, have now managed to upgrade it.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Always appreciative of these offers and being pointed to them, but still wondering why we all ran here.

Is there any real benefit, apart from some points??

There was talk of free wifi, but cant see it pomo’d anywhere.

LeTigre
    Participant

Double points
    Free gift and potentially free wifi, special offers, etc. at sofitel, pullman and mgallery
    Free spa treatment at same hotels
    Better customer service
    Guaranteed reservations
    Late check-out

VintageKrug
    Participant

They won’t send out a card unless you complete at least one stay with them.

The bennies are pretty much worthless, except at some Sofitels where your rate doesn’t already offer these benefits, and the perks are further devalued by this promotion, but you’d be daft not to sign up for it on the off chance it comes in handy.

JordanD
    Participant

I have to go to Paris next month, and this offer has steered me towards an Accor property – the free room upgrade alone has made this better than a slightly cheaper (5 euro/night) offer elsewhere. So the Platinum Card has already made a difference to me.

LeTigre
    Participant

I agree with VK, if it’s free then take it!

There are some quite good value Mgallery hotels around, like in Morocco, especially Essaouira which is actually a Sofitel but they charge from only abojut £50/night. Pullmans are also potentially good value, you just need a special offer.

I also heard their earn and burn rates were the worst in the industry, but with double points, surely the improvement is substantial!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls