Instant Platinum A-Club Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

• Anonymous

LeTigre
    Participant

Hi All,

Just noticed this:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/point-hack-free-upgrade-to-accor-a-club-platinum-status

Looks good, though I do realise A-Club is one of the least generous schemes. Are they any ways to get instant status on Priority Club or HHonors?

Ellwood
    Participant

Wow, I have just done it and it updates my account straight away! It is a pity my points total is minimal!
    Thank you!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I too have just signed up for the Platimum card as I like the Sofitel hotel chain.

The Hilton Group has just sent me a HHonors Gold card yesterday without being asked!!!! Got my info from Cathay’s Asia Miles.

I am less attracted to the Hilton hotels but it might come into handy in some cities.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Hengli

Many thanks, it is very kind of you to share this link,

LeTigre
    Participant

No problemo!

So FlyingChinaman, should I sign up to Cathay to get HHonors instant gold?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’ve been (earned) A-Club Platinum for two years. The hotels are generally of a high standard, but so are the rates.

Platinum is useful for the points bonus, the upgrade (though this must be requested at check in) and they usually give a decent arrival gift (half bottle of wine or champagne) plus free net access.

But as a loyalty scheme, it’s not at all effective, as the points you accrue don’t have a very good redemption value, and can’t be redeemed against the prepaid sale rates, so you often end up paying more than you would have otherwise done to redeem your vouchers, further devaluing them.

I think giving away mid-tier status is an excellent promotion for the mass market, but top tier status should only be given to a smaller group (e.g. Amex Centurion or via a status match). These sorts of mass market promos devalue the status and diminish the value of the card, reducing the quality of the benefits which can reasonably be given to Platinum cardholders.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Hengli: You will not get instant HHornors Gold by signing up for Cathay Marco Polo Club. The Hilton is vying for customs from Cathay’s top tier flyers.

degreecy
    Participant

Fantastic it worked. Wonder how long it will be up there before they realize ?

LeTigre
    Participant

Already been several weeks.

Probably cause the rewards aren’t worth much! Especially considering the rewards are only available in the most expensive hotels in their portfolio. I certainly would stay 60 nights just to get Platinum unless I frequented the Sofitels (at someone else’s expense!).

Binman62
    Participant

Thank you. Mine worked also.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Thanks for sharing.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks, for me the free internet is the most beneficial benefit.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The confirmation took all of 5 minutes to come through.

Going through the Platinum benefits, where does it confirm Platinum obtains free internet?

A|Club Classic status

You are entitled to benefit from exclusive rewards and advantages starting with your very first stay:

– Up to 2 A|Club points for every Euro/USD spent

– A|Club rewards gift vouchers without any date restrictions

– Convert A|Club points into airline miles

A|Club Silver status

With 10 nights or 2,500 A|Club points.

This status gives you the following additional advantages:

– 50% A|Club points bonus for every stay

– Welcome drink and gift at Sofitel* hotels

A|Club Gold status

With 30 nights or 10,000 A|Club points.

– 75% A|Club points bonus for every stay

Exclusive benefits at Sofitel*, Pullman and MGallery hotels.

– Welcome drink and gift

– A room ALWAYS AVAILABLE if you reserve at least 5 days before your arrival.

– Room upgrade**

– Late check-out up to 4:00 pm**

A|Club Platinum status

With 60 nights or 25,000 A|Club points.

– 100% A|Club points bonus for every stay

Exclusive benefits at Sofitel*, Pullman and MGallery hotels.

– Welcome drink and gift

– Room upgrade**

– Late check-out up to 4:00 pm**

– A room always available if you reserve at least 3 days before your arrival.

– A Thalassa sea & spa Institute beauty and treatment product when you stay at Sofitel Thalassa sea & spa

– A welcome gift for any stay of 10 nights or more at Adagio, plus late check-out**

– Dedicated customer service

* Except Thalassa sea & spa

** upon request, and subject to availability

NTarrant
    Participant

Worked for me, Cheers Hengli123

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls