Instant Hilton HHonors GOLD

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

• JonathanCohen09
    Participant

BeckyBoop,

you are being a tad more agressive than you normally are. I agree with Swissdiver, he is being thankful not smug. What harm is it doing you?

Also, if Hilton end up with new customers staying nights that would normally have gone to their competitiors then Hilton are gaining, possibly a lot of extra revenue, so what harm is it doint to them either.

The person I most agree with is my good friend Simon Rowberry who is entitled to feel agrieved with Hilton, as he qualifies year on year by merit and not through any offers like this one.

Have recently flown New First on BA, New first on Lufthansa and First Class on Swiss to New York and when i get a moment i will post about my experiences on all 3 as it was very interesting experiencing them all first hand out during the day and back overnight on the same route.

Safe travels everyone,

JC

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Thanks for this – I am now back to Gold with Hilton – missed out by a few night for my renewal!

flying_sikh
    Participant

Thank you BT for letting us know about this offer and to all the fellow members on this forum who helped me navigate through the procedure to get my HH Gold status.

Initially it did not work for me and I gave up. But I logged in again after a few days and It was changed Gold. So I’m Happy!

I’m pretty sure that the HH team was fully aware of this so called loophole and they let people enrol. Providing free Breakfast and internet (benefits of hh gold) will gain them plenty of business and cost them a small amount of money. (Dont they advertise all the time)

I honestly feel for those who earned the status after staying the eligible number of nights.

But nothing for those who simply have a problem with this so called loophole. Airlines do status match all the time.

So get onn..!

TominScotland
    Participant

Just completed a wonderful six night stay at the Hilton South Wharf in Melbourne and, courtesy of this upgrade opportunity, was given an excellent Executive Floor Room, access to the Executive Lounge and free wife. The bedroom was large, comfortable and, above all, functional in the best sense from a business travel point of view.

The Executive Lounge is very large and provides an excellent workspace – the team there let me conduct a couple of extended meetings during my stay with access to soft drinks and tea and coffee as well as free wifi for my guests. Breakfasts, while styled Continental, were extensive and relaxed.

All in all, a great experience and one that would take me to a Hilton again should the opportunity arise – which must be part of the plan. So well done, Hilton Australia!!

MarkCymru
    Participant

@TominScotland — they gave you a free wife? Did you have to take an Australian or was there a choice? Did you have to hand her back when you checked out?

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks for noting this Mark – the wonders of predictive text. Alas, no such benefit!! In Iran, you can register a temporary wife if away from home but I don’t think Oz stretches to such liberal options……

NTarrant
    Participant

Tom – its one of the best Hilton’s I have stayed in, certainly the best executive lounge. Did you have a view over the river towards the city?

I took my own wife!!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Also enjoyed the Gold benefits for six nights last week, in Jeddah. But free wife there… And no booze of course! Makes the exec lounge far less attractive…

P.S.: To my knowledge, a wife is never free. On the contrary…

rferguson
    Participant

The loophole has obviously been closed.

I followed the instructions using the 6 digit code and it said it was invalid :-((

Swissdiver
    Participant

@RF: Did you change your HH address to an Australian one ahead of applying the 6 digits code? If not, just do it and repeat the process.

Btw, I thought crews where not admitted in these programs? Or is the restriction applied only when on duty?

LeTigre
    Participant

It previously didn’t matter, just that you register an Australian address before completing the form and clicking the button at the bottom.

The loophole would surely not have lasted this long, but I guess giving everyone free wife was too costly.

Stowage222
    Participant

Swissdiver – don’t forget crews have a private life too! Whilst no tier points are accrued when on the airline/cruise ship hotel account, nothing stops you getting rewarded for private stays.

rferguson
    Participant

Hey swissdiver. Yes I did all that but to no avail. HOWEVER I have gained my Gold Hilton status :-))) It’s amazing what a bit of googling can do! I was able to locate another verification number (thanks Wiki!!).

You are right about crew using hotels. We do not gain any points for the room charge when staying as crew. Nor does it count as a ‘stay’ in terms of tier progression. All we get is points for incidentals such as internet, meals etc.

However I was lucky to get SPG Gold status purely via AMEX spend. Unfortunately it doesn’t come in too handy though. Most of the benefits don’t apply when I visit an SPG property as crew. Room upgrades etc. Some hotels will if they can. Most don’t though.

BTW does anyone know if you are able to convert Hilton Honours points into frequent flyer miles with major airlines?

Cwyfan
    Participant

Yes, HHonors points will transfer to most airline schemes, but at about 10% of notional value only

Stowage222
    Participant

I currently enjoy HHonors Silver memebership and I was thinking about using the “Australian Loophole” but it didn’t work first time so left it. I checked my account yesterday and I now find myself a Gold Tier member. I certainly haven’t reached the necessary tiers commercially so must be a ‘bonus’. I contacted them about my new card yesterday and they replied this morning saying a new one is on its way. As mentioned by others, Hilton really could be doing this to boost revenue in the long run. Now, on to status match with other hotel chains??????? Thank you Hilton.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls