Instant Hilton HHonors GOLD

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

• tiggerbrown
    Participant

Just what sort of loopholes do I need to jump through to get other hotel programmes to do a match on HHonors?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I applied through the Australian loop hole and am still Blue keep checking back and still Blue.

Stowage222
    Participant

Tigger – just Google Status Match with your nominated hotel and see what happens. I’ve already been upgraded by Best Western to match my Hilton status – just follow the instructions, Easy. It’s a war out there!

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Thanks Stowage222 – doing it now seeing how there’s sod-all else to do on this nightshift 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Regarding status match, an excellent article: http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/article.php?key=7499. I suspect however the info to be a bit US centric.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Sorry – bloody parasites.

Status match, my a+se. So how long will you keep it, or it just a way to enjoy it whilst you can and to hell with loyalty?

“Loop holes”? Oh, for God’s sake. Just admitting that you don’t travel enough to actually qualify. This is no different from the “How do I upgraded for nothing” threads, is it? Play by the rules and qualify by the rules. That.s the answer.

Sorry – parasites.

Best Western????!!! That says it all.

Congratulations on your ability to discern a decent hotel….

Hey, perhaps some of us should try to get a Platinum Laterooms.com Card…..

Again. Bloody parasites. Some of us earn status and don’t expect to SCROUNGE it. Parasites.

Simon xxxx

Stowage222
    Participant

Hi Simon

Yes, this is the kind of reply I was expecting from someone out there.

The view I take is that in todays (UK) democratic, free market system we all ‘enjoy’, we are continuously being stripped of our savings, salary, pensions and civil liberities and so it is so refreshing to have something given back – even if only a more relaxing and rewarding hotel stay.

Simon, I very rarely get to the highest status in the hotel chains I use as I pay for all my own accommodation. By getting a higher tier from Hilton I really appreciate their gesture and I will use them more.

I do use BW sometimes as they are very handy for nightstops particularly in the USA. In fact I’ll be in the BW Bryce Canyon Utah next week – it looks decent.

I’m delighted that you spend enough to gain your status commercially but for somone like myself it’s a real bonus and one that I hope to enjoy for years to come. If it’s only short term then so be it – that’s where you’ll score as a true valued customer of your chosen chains.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Is all the indignation about the something for nothing aspect of this thread being generated by those who have the status for private use after their company had earned it for business use?

My statuses are paid for out of my own pocket, and yet I do not begrudge those who manage to find a freebie, unless they do not share it with others

I am confident that leakage like this is viewed as good business by the hotels, if only from the publicity generated in this business community.

It is probably the best value marketing that they do

LeTigre
    Participant

Also, I have to remind you SimonRowberry, that most of the benefits cost Hilton little or nothing to provide. To be quite honest, I wasn’t planning on staying in Hilton Hotels that much this year but because of the status, I have made special efforts to stay in Hilton group properties. Hilton have therefore increased sales and profit as a result, no matter what I get free.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Right, Hengli. An upgrade? We can get it without the status (sea view, for instance, being seen as an upgrade). Free internet? Not a cost for the hotel (yes, nice to get for us). Lounge access? That’s nice (when the law allows real drinks). All together, I guess this is rather good for Hilton’s turnover… A win-win strategy…

SimonRowberry
    Participant

All,

a) I think that regular posters may have sussed that I was actually being tongue in cheek

b) Mr/Ms Cottrell – I own my Company so that’s irrelevant. To be a pedant, I do actually use business points for business stays Capice?

c) Hengli – fair play. Just stick with it. I’m actually writing this from a Hilton as we “speak.”

d) I will get Diamond again by April. I couldn’t give a monkey’s to be honest.

S xxx (as BB would say)

SimonRowberry
    Participant

PS Stowage – thanks for one of the most unpretentious and honest posts on this Forum that I can remember. No, I’m not being sarcastic – I mean that. More power to you.

Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Oh yes, Mr/Ms Cottrell,

Thinking about it, it actually works the other way. I tend to accrue points with both business and personal trips (same account) but use them 100% for business. Especially as HH has raised the bar for redemptions. I’m lucky that the Hilton I stay in 3 nights a week at least at the moment (on business) is offering double points. That means I can stay in The Trafalgar gratis (on business) instead of paying GBP350 a night.

Capice?

Simon

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls