Instant Hilton HHonors GOLD

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

• syedislam
    Participant

Again just to reconfirm what Hengli123 is saying, you do not need to book any rooms. Also no australian address is required. I just got the Gold status by giving my address in india.
    Once you get the confirmation, you can just log in to your HHonors account and you will see your status is GOLD!
    Hengli123, thanks a ton for the link and sharing this in the forum. Btw, any idea how long the Gold status will be valid – is it one year? Is there any way to check this?
    Cheers
    Syed

LeTigre
    Participant

Syedislam, thank you for your gratitude but you should really be thanking the australian business traveller team for bringing it to my attention.

As for the validity, Gold status lasts until March 2013.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

I can confirm – it works, so long as you follow the steps set out.

V chuffed as I’d just missed out on Gold previously by one night.

Ricjackal
    Participant

THANKS HENGLI
    My New Aussie address is a Burger Bar in Kings x Sydney lol
    But it worked after following step by step .
    Im sorry to All the rest of you who Actually pay for my upgrade as only travel couple times a month nowdays Thanks again Mate

Cwyfan
    Participant

You only need change your country, not your address too. Then change it back after registering. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.

ChristophLB
    Participant

I still find HH the best hotel programme with the best perks. Just stayed as a Gold member on points in the Hilton Phuket for 6 nights with my wife and son and we could go to the lounge for breakfast, have drinks during the day and very generous and tasty hors d’oeuvres in the evening – plus we got upgraded! Used HH points in Waikoloa Village, HHV and Cancun and always felt welcomed by the local teams! So if any of you can get Gold status for ‘free’, then go for it!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

All you non oz people who took up this up should all be a shamed of yourselfs what you have done here is nothing more than fraud just so you can have gold status then you have people like poor Si who EARNED his status!!! 🙁

Cwyfan
    Participant

Whilst I understand where BB is coming from, no doubt HH are still believing that those who register are more likely to book with them now, so from a marketing point of view it is a success, as they wished, so I doubt if they feel cheated.

watersz
    Participant

Its also a bit rich comming from someone (BB) whos toyed with the idea of stealing cutlery , earphones ETC and only stayed on the right side of the law cos she bottled out!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Actually it was self control and realising right from wrong! Also makes me a better person to 😛

watersz
    Participant

ur halo’s slippin 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Just did it now. Worked like a charm. Hope the Interconti in Sidney won’t receive a Hilton card in my name :-).

More generally, am not a Hilton fan. But it happen I will stay a lot in one of their properties during the coming months. So I ruthlessly took the free ride 🙂 That said, not worth a good Interconti 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I cant believe you feel so smug about what you have done you are nothing more than a conman.

BT can you please pull this thread it will give you a bad name too if you ask me!

Swissdiver
    Participant

BeckyBoop: smug, no. But thankful, yes!

David
    Participant

Instead of routing through Sydney, I simply wrote HHonors an email and asked for their considerations to upgrade me to Gold.

10 days later (last week) they wrote me a note and said the upgrade had been completed. Mind you I evidenced my SPG Platinum card for leverage but still, their action has netted them 10 nights (@ 350 USD / night) of business over the next 4 weeks alone.

Hopefully I won’t be pushing any of my fellow BT forum contributers out of an upgrade, as I booked the Exec level anyway…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls