How to Jump the Heathrow Immigration Mess

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

• Anonymous

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Weary travellers entering the UK can now pay £1,800 to jump long immigration queues at Heathrow airport.

The service, described as the Airports ‘best kept’ secret, has outraged critics at a time when many passengers are forced to endure a three-hour wait to enter the country.

Nice little earner and one can avoid the plebs….Must have been one of ” Del Boys”idea…

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Terry, where has this service been advertised and do you know how it works?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m also curious, but £1,800 seems a very steep price to pay, even for a 3 hour queue? And what if you arrive and there is no queue, do you get your money back?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks. Mind you, that’s for up to 6 people, so at £300 a head it’s a bit more reasonable!

HongKongLady
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea for those that can warrant the cost and also for the rest that can’t ,as it means a few less people in the queue !

scotnut2407
    Participant

The service is called Heathrow by Invitation – more details about it are available on their website: http://www.heathrowbyinvitation.com

Vertrek
    Participant

forget about that! They should just sort this whole problem up! With this mess, Heathrow is officially the worst airport in Europe or even the world! Embarrassment for the nation!j

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Disney call them Fast Pass!

I would love to hear from someone who has used the service.

Anyone thinking of paying the £1800 and flying into Heathrow from Europe should really consider using a private aircraft into one of London’s many other airports.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

While this sterling VIP service is great for those who can afford it but it makes hardly any difference to the decongestion of the MASSIVE passenger arrival hold ups at peak hours!!!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Indeed Flying Chinaman. With an arrival of say 30 planes an hour and an average say of 200 people a plane, that’s 6,000 people. Even 4 VIP service of 24 people would not make much of a dent in those figures.

What astounded me however, reading the brochure, is they offer, tea, coffee, biscuits and a small quantity of alcohol. If any extra catering is required this will be charged. For £1,800 I would have thought they could have thrown in some sandwiches, hot soup (which keeps throughout the day) and maybe some cheese!!!

RichHI1
    Participant

The cheese will be the grin of Anita the Greeter I suspect….

I have to say this really shows the size of some people’s egos. I can understand celebrities and other well known figures choosing it to save the hassle from press and crowds but regular folks… as Martyn says spend your money on a Private Jet and use a decent airport.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

LuganoPirate: Travellers willing to part with £1800 do not want to stay in the VIP lounge a second longer than necessary and with luck there might not even be the time to finish drinking a piping hot beverage or a little Aperitif!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls