How to book business class on SAS’s website?

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Bnweq987
    Participant

The decision to move the B737-700 to the CPH-EWR route makes a lot of sense. It will eventually be reconfigured to have some Y class seats too. The only minus is that the business class seating will not have the upgraded SAS C seats but retain the old type; also not direct access to aisle for all though that is not really much of an issue.

Personally wish they’d moved it to the IAD route as this is a pretty rudimentary service which is not of much use for meetings etc.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Bnweq987 ,

I would not exclude this soon;SAS is currently revamping its Intercontinental offering tremendously in terms of frequencies ,upgraded products ,new destinations and I would see it just too natural to see SAS leveraging the Privatair 737-700 to serve more and more business destinations soon .
    LA is a big mix of biz and leisure and an A330-300 makes sense also the same goes for upcoming MIA .
    I am sure there is a lot of demand for Scandinavia -Canada and AC is already deploying a 787-8 on the CPH/YYZ so I would expect SAS to reenter Canada soon .

AMcWhirter
    Participant

SAS’ B737 is being reconfigured for 20 seats in J and 88 seats in Y.

As far as I know, it will be the only two-class B737 operating across the Atlantic non-stop. All the others either route via Iceland or else they are operated by one-class budget carriers.

Our news piece dated September 15.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/102045/sas-to-fly-b737-to-new-york-newark

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thank you Alex !!

If I may just add that the Eco cabin will have 66 seats as per your previous article .That s 11rows of 3×3 I presume.
    I am indeed interested to know what type of business class seat will be embedded on the 737-700 and what about the configuration : 2×2?
    It is sooooo refreshing to know that you will be able to disembark in a couple of minutes with 85 fellow passengers should the flight be packed !!!!! This is such a relief compared to those A380s flying 500 people and struggling to get out of the plane to run and catch your onward connection ..ouhhhhh! An awful feeling !
    In Europe and US major airlines are not yet able to adopt the concept of priority disembarkation for business class pax ,something the ME3 carriers are doing best with such keenness as if the crew were threatened to get fired if they miss to apply it ..hahaa ..anyway it s a relief for Business pax.As long as it is not yet adopted in Europe ,then smaller aircraft will be a delight to fly for pax suffering from lengthy disembarkation processes ….

Bnweq987
    Participant

The business seats will be the old SAS style currently used on A340s, does not recline fully. You can check out the reviews on Seatguru.

Bnweq987
    Participant

Not sure what you mean. IAD certainly wasn’t in Canada last time I looked 🙂

KSHaggag
    Participant

I was not evoking IAD specifically but was talking about new possible destinations e.g. Toronto .

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls