How to book business class on SAS’s website?

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• Anonymous

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have honestly tried to find a way of doing this – but the website only seems to provide for economy class bookings. Am I missing something obvious here? Admittedly I am in China which means I can’t google anything, but it does seem strange that there is no option to book online in business class!

pointyendpreferred
    Participant

I have just tried it and the choice of Business only becomes available when you get to choosing flights, a couple of clicks into the process.

Sometimes when I have that problem I switch to another browser, like Chrome.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Or try booking via another *A carrier’s website. I’ve also found it’s sometimes cheaper.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Ian

What flights are you trying to book? Some SH have no biz class.

If you are looking short haul, it might be worth looking at Norwegian, if you bag row 1 or the exits, there is loads of legroom and it’s generally a good experience – caveat everything is BOB.

mkcol74
    Participant

At least DY’s BOB F&B is a simple card swipe with no signature or PIN entry. They do not accept cash, or any other payment. This helps speed things up no end.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen ,

The current SAS online booking engine is among the rare ones globally allowing a combination on a half round trip basis btw different cabins .In other words ,outbound in SAS GO ( Eco ) and back in SAS Plus for example or outbound in SAS Business and back in SAS Plus ,etc…
    On short haul ,European legs there is nothing called Business Class with SAS but their highest cabin on European legs is indeed the SAS Plus ( Premium Eco ).Knowing that Scandinavia is indeed a very very egalitarian society where there is NOTHING called First Class ,so the BEST they offer is SAS Business for longhaul alongside SAS Plus ( their version of SAS Plus ) and Economy .On European legs it s only SAS Go ( eco ) and SAS Plus ..When you book longhaul in Business you are automatically seated in SAS Plus on your short haul feeder /defeeder flight .
    I am a regular visitor to the SAS website ( almost on a daily basis ) and I can tell you that it s swift ,efficient and to the point ..VERY SCANDINAVIAN !…However I do admit that their site is currently undergoing a HUUUUGE overhaul project and the whole company is working hard on it to revamp and recreate the site and its facilities and functionalities so it is very possible that you come across deadlocks sometimes .Otherwise ,my experiences with the site have been marvelously satisfactory so far .
    By next summer ,we should see a NEW SAS site !..colors ,links ,features ,etc…Scandinavia is the cradle of design and I expect them to be cooking something really appealing ..Fingers crossed !

KSHaggag
    Participant

I just ommitted to say that they have one minor ” strange ” feature which is the stopover possibility that is not provided by the online booking engine .If you need to stop in CPH,STO ,or OSL on your way from let s say Beijing to London or any other city pair ,you cannot book it and the site currently does not solve the issue of connecting next day but still within 24 hours and count it as a nonstop connection as per the official IATA connection definition ..You can t book FCO/CPH in the afternoon and arrive in CPH early evening to stay overnight in CPH and fly the next day onwards to ORD ( within 24 hours ) ..the system will rather book you FCO/ARN ,then ARN/CPH ,then CPH/ORD all within a few hours of each other …this is bad ; I talked to some SAS Executives about this and they said they are revamping the site to come up with some smashing facility !

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thank you all for your input.

pointyendpreferred, you are quite correct – I didn’t think to click through on economy fares as I just assumed there must be SOME way of getting there directly. Unfortunately, you then have to reload the page each time you want to check fares for different dates since they don’t show a fare calendar for business class. On that point, KSHaggag, I fear I cannot agree with you about the website being efficient – although possibly I can agree about it being Scandinavian!!

FDOS – first of all, welcome back (assuming you are the same FDoS, that is! – no longer in Swieqi then?). I was looking at booking long-haul from HKG to Europe – since I saw the BT article about SAS starting non-stop flights to HKG I thought they might be an inexpensive alternative to our usual carriers – but sadly not! Cheaper to fly Finnair, with better timings, and the advantage (for us) of oneworld points etc. Ah well.

Nonetheless, again, thank you to all for your input.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Hi Ian

Yes, it’s me – relocated to Lancaster, UK 🙂 Missing the sunny weather in Swieqi 🙁

Hope your Finnair flights go well.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

thanks, FDoS – has to be better than the last time, when I paid GBP500 each (plus an overnight in the Sofitel Heathrow) to change flights after they switched aircraft on us, only to discover in Helsinki that they had changed it again (without telling us, even though I had specifically asked at check-in) – so we walked onto the aircraft, turned round, and walked straight off again!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“so we walked onto the aircraft, turned round, and walked straight off again!”

Did the same on OS a few years ago – don’t blame you, just sorry you paid £500 for a hotel.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

No – it was 500 to change the flights PLUS the hotel in London, PLUS the hotel in Helsinki where we were stuck for two nights… I wasn’t best pleased! LOL

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Yikes 🙂 I’m sure you were steaming.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Talking about Finnair ,I did fly them in Business Class a few years ago from Delhi to Munich via Helsinki and can say that the inflight experience was just good without being outstanding ..nothing extraordinary .The airport terminal was chaotic as that was 2 days before Christmas .
    I will be attracted to fly it again for two specific reasons : 1-The new lounge with spa /sauna .2-The new ,glittering A350 on some routes .
    SAS has always inspired me more confidence and reliability ,moreover CPH airport is a nice place to spend a few hours shopping ,dining or just relaxing ..I like SAS and will be delighted to fly it to HKG soon and try its new Privatair 737-700 Business Class evening rotation from CPH to EWR …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls