How busy is Heathrow/Gatwick? Is anyone actually travelling…?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• fatbear
    Participant

[postquote quote=1000317][/postquote]

My father worked in tripoli in the mid 1970s. When we visited we went to the Roman ruins at Leptis Magna…..

capetonianm
    Participant

I went to Tripoli many years ago and found the people delightful, educated, and hospitable, and I felt safe there. I didn’t enjoy the food though.
    I subsequently worked with a number of Libyans in a much less appealing part of the ME, and again, found them a pleasure to work and play with, in fact it was they and the Iranians who stopped me from getting on the next ‘plane out of the place.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not withstanding the reasons why we are in the situation we are, I am still finding it difficult to accept the degree of travel restrictions currently in force, especially for the UK.

Virtually the entire world (bar a few European countries & the countries mentioned up thread) restricted (or with strict quarantine) or closed off for UK based travellers

Restrictions on ‘holiday’ travel even in the UK.

A colleague of mine posted on linked in today a picture of his first flight booking in 4 or 5 months, from Seoul to Bangkok towards the end of July. A seemingly innocuous post, but one I wish I could make…

I just hope the UK airlines, fighting to survive can accept passengers for travel (and not just the holiday season traffic) ex UK, because as other posters say, moving people, is one of the first steps to repairing the economy.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls