Heathrow to Gatwick

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

• conc001
    Participant

I hope it works for them.

Just saying if anything goes wrong (flight delay, traffic, passport control queuing) there is no backup plan. It will work if everything goes smoothly.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can’t wait for the sequel. I wonder if anyone would like to run a book on whether FCP makes it or not? 3/2 in favour would be good odds i think 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I reckon the AA flight will arrive 15 minutes early max… and FCW will arrive at Gatwick security at 8.12…. (am NOT pm)…

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I really hope so! At the moment though all I can think about is recovering from too many G&Ts last night. Enjoying this cruise I must say.

SimonS1
    Participant

Good to hear. Have fun.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

and the result is – I made it!!

The AA flight was delayed 50 minutes in JFK which made me a little nervous but we landed at 06.25, just 5 minutes late. I raced to passport control (no queue) and then waited a short while for my luggage. I was though at 06.50! The only problem was my driver wasn’ t there. This could have made me really nervous but the tranquiliser I had taken on the flight was still working. He finally turned up at 07.15 and I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn’t’ t make it to Gatwick although the driver did not seem at all worried and said we would be fine.. Traffic was ok apart from a couple of queues but there was a tailback just a few miles before LGW. The driver dropped me off at 08.15. I raced to the check in and they let me go to the front and I made my way to the gate, I even had time for a brief stop in the lounge for a shot of whiskey!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and Martyn, you were almost spot on, just 3 minutes out.

Would I recommend others to do this tight connection – NO
    Would I do it again myself – NO WAY!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Excellent…………. glad you made it…

More importantly how was the QM2..?? Looking forward to hearing your comments…

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I will add them to your thread over the weekend, but it was fantastic.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

excellent, pleased to hear… look forward to reading it..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m delighted you made it. I said out of LHR by 0700 and if the driver wasn’t late you would have been. Don’t wish to be pedantic, or even score brownie points over my dear friend Martyn, but I was spot on with the arrival time of 0815! Where do I collect my prize? 😉

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

OMG yes you did LuganoPirate, I beg your pardon. Thank you also for being one of the positive posters who gave me some hope. The prize is a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.when we are both sailing on the QM2! (Yellow Label not Le Grande Dame!)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP, not bad that the only 2 respondents were within 3 minutes of the actual arrival time….

I congratulate you on your win LP………….. (is there a runners up prize??)…

SimonS1
    Participant

Good result. Sounds like there was a bit of squeaky bum time but the tranquilliser did its job.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Simon, I believe for these runs the car companies use the brown leather seating 😉

FCW, I feel a BT forum members cruise on the QM2 would be in order! I can taste the nectar already, thanks. I fully intend a QM2 voyage in 2015 and I’ll post it here when booked.

Martyn, I’m sure FCW won’t begrudge you a small glass as a very close runner up!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – glad you sanctioned the “small glass” – currently on my **** glass of Jump…. a very delicious Australian bottle…(thank you Westin BKK).

The idea of a BT Forum QM2 across the Atlantic, especially booked within 6 weeks of departure is an awesome idea….

To be discussed over another suitable bottle of ???????

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls