Have you received your Golden Ticket?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Got it today… I guess translating to French took some time 🙂
    Having only one is weird in my view, although the letter says a second one will be sent later this year. Anyway, let’s see how it is working.

On a side note, I am under the impression BA crewmen and women are going for the extra mile these days. Never so many of them have called me by my name… Nice. So no complaint. Just wondering whether there is a link with the topic of this thread…

HongKongLady
    Participant

Have skim read this as I have been on Holiday without a computer hooray to that. So my question is has anyone used one yet? I always say thank you as I leave the aircraft and obviously when I am given a drink, actually when they do anything so I must drive them nuts ! Manners cost nothing. I have been using other airlines recently and I do think service varies widely between staff at all carriers so I am not sure what bench mark one would use to give a Golden Ticket out, it does sound a little Willie Wonka ish.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Has anyone given out their ticket yet?

Capetown2k
    Participant

Hi Becky

Yes I did on a recent trip to st lucia , the steward who looked after me did a fantastic job and it was very well received

The csd even came up to me and thanked me and said it had made the stewards day

Just hope he gets something for it

Hippocampus
    Participant

That’s really good to hear Capetown2k.

Agamemnon
    Participant

I’ve just used my golden ticket too on a return from Beijing last week.

Again, the steward did a great job, always polite and very attentive. Yes you could argue that that should be the case all the time but I felt it was worthy of recognition. To say he was chuffed would be an understatement and like Capetown2k, the csd made a point of coming up to me to say thankyou and that I had made his day.

Taking to her, I don’t think they get a cash bonus as a result, but I was told that it would go on his personal record which I figure might help him in the future. The scheme isn’t perfect, but as a form of recognition, it’s better than nothing.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Finally used it yesterday! Interestingly, the great CSD who received it told me it was his first one. Wondering if the program is really a success…

That said, I felt quite good about giving what I see as a great reward (given its rarity) to a great crew member!

Wasborntotravel
    Participant

I gave my Golden Ticket out two weeks ago on a BA flight to Mauritius. Excellent and engaging service from our crew member.

She was certainly pleased and told her colleagues straight away. It felt good to recognise good service.

connorJohnson
    Participant

yes i have

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Has anyone received a second ticket recently or has this stunningly well thought out scheme gone the way of other recent iniatives, such as on-board upgrades and passport checks for hand baggage only pax, which have gone and will never, ever, ever, be mentioned in polite company?

Be_Nice
    Participant

Maybe there are only so many issued in a particular date cycle. This might allow a good way so see how and where the tickets are given out.

openfly
    Participant

The Golden Tickets are a shambles!

I had a really good CSD and crew coming back from CPT recently. I told the crew that they would get a complementary through the Exec Club ” Thank our Staff” section. The CSD gave me his card. I also entered the Golden Ticket number for the CSD to say a separate thanks to him.

I emailed the CSD to enquire if he had received an acknowledgement from BA, six weeks after the flight. Needless to say he had not received it. So what is the point. If I go to the trouble of using the Golden Ticket and Frank van der Poste doesn’t pass it on.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I guess it goes into the staff ‘s personal file and will have an effect on the appraisal day. Well I hope…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

It shouldn’t do, IMHO.

Why? Because the crew position will have an impact on their ability to earn these tickets and thus the whole scheme becomes arbitary and unfair.

There will be likely far less tickets handed to crew in WT, than in premium cabins (where more golds sit), but those WT crew may do an exceptional job and get no recognition.

I see the union very quickly intervening (and quite rightly, in this instance) if people received better appraisals under such circumstances.

Relative appraisal systems have been proven to be unlawful in the US and I would imagine they are in Europe, too.

Absolute standards are fairer.

If I had had my Golden Ticket in my wallet, I would have given it to the entire crew in the CW cabin on my 787 flight to Arlanda. Although I didn’t get any names I would like to write to BA in recognition of the great service I experienced.

No, I haven’t received a second one in the post as yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls