Have you received your Golden Ticket?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

“Hippocampus – 03/02/2013 18:47 GMT

No Henkel.Trocken – You are still the supreme bully on this forum with your relentless personal attacks.”

Not of course that Hippo ever levels a personal attack…..

Oh good. I wouldn’t like to think I’d lost out while we were away! I must get reading and see what the apologists have been up to in my absence.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Welcome back Henkel.

Just in time to witness a tragic sense of humour failure.

Hippocampus
    Participant

The two forum bullies. Like two peas in a pod!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Oh, let your hair down Hippo and read what you wrote.

Even you must admit it sounds like a line out of the Office, I didn’t mean it unkindly, FWIW.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Just a thought.

If Golden tickets are a good idea, would anyone sign up for ‘black marks’ to give direct feedback to crew at the other end of the spectrum?

SimonS1
    Participant

Golden tickets? Made me laugh. I can’t think of anything more ridiculous.

By all means thank people for going over an above etc, however this does seem a bit OTT.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

If a cabin crew member offers me exceptional service, I will always seek them out at the end of the flight and thank them for it. I find that it goes a long way and taking that couple of minutes to say something surely is more appreciated by the person concerned than being handed a rather tacky voucher which I understand is brown and white so not even gold!

As I’m no longer a BA G, I won’t have the opportunity to participate in this dreadful stunt and I’m glad.

Good idea DoS (20:59) Perhaps BA could issue vouchers in envelopes so the crew don’t know which they are getting until you’re safely on the jetty! I bet they would not be handed in though.

I wonder how long it will be in these iPad days until an airline has an app to rate the service as you travel with live updates to the purser as passengers give feedback. It could be quite interesting to see what would happen when all the passengers of say a section of business class started rating poor service from their crew member.

It’s coming and you heard it first here!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Not sure why they have bothered with this as pax can do the same online using “Say thank you to one of our team” on

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=customer_compliments&refevent=help_lhn

This service has been available for some time.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

What a difference a year makes.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

True just goes to show how much BA are trying to make an effort to improve relations with their cabin crew.

christopheL
    Participant

I’m afraid I’m too French to understand the real meaning of the golden ticket.

I wouldn’t be able to give one to a FA without feeling myself very patronizing. I’m not the teacher and they are not my pupils.

It’s easier and much more civilized to say something like « Thank you very much, you made my flight very pleasant »

Bravo Christophe, especially if you never take note of the name of the outstanding CC member.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“It’s easier and much more civilized to say something like « Thank you very much, you made my flight very pleasant »”

Or “thank you for saving me from the demon alcohol”, in your case, Christophe 😉

handbag
    Participant

BeckyBoop- 04/02/2013 17:37 GMT

True just goes to show how much BA are trying to make an effort to improve relations with their cabin crew.

Unfortunately this has not been that well received by all Crew for several reasons.
    They are being given to Card Holders, who invariably fly in Club or First. This means that Crew who always working in WT will be unlikely to receive them. So it is not seen as a fair system.

If you receive one, you are required to let your Manager know and then arrange an appointment to go and see them to discuss. A lot of Crew feel that they do not wish to spend their time off going into the office to see a Manager. If a kind letter is sent in, a Manager would equally know the Crew had done a good job, but they would write to you and you would not have to go and meet with your Manager on a day off. I have heard that several Crew are showing their appreciation to the Passenger involved, but then not putting them through the system.

My personal feelings are that BA are trying, but it is not particuarly well thought out. I would fall into the camp of being unlikely to ever receive, as I am usually the WT Purser, pleased to know that someone had enjoyed their flight (as that is what I most want out of my working day) and let the Passenger know it was appreciated, but unlikey to take into the office, as I have better things to do with my day off.

Hello handbag

In my experience, the crew working in ET or WT are usually much better than in premium cabins. Strange but true. Does anyone agree?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls