From July 1st we can use our mobiles on BA after landing!

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

@Ian_from_HKG – 26/06/2013 09:14 GMT

Hi Ian

Had a similar thing when not sat in an emergency exit aisle, basically getting ‘the look’ when I got up and asked for a refill on the upstairs of a 747 – the CC got all shirty about it and whilst they filled my glass, there was some comment or other about their drinks service and they ‘would get to me’.

Without wishing to attack the cabin crew on the board, I most certainly wasn’t drunk, but was in vacation mode, was the 2nd last time I flew with that particular airline as I was most annoyed. A simple “There you go Mr Gaff” would have sufficed but I seemed to interrupt their chit-chat.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Can you REALLY not wait another 10 minutes?….. Another pathetic side of modern society.

CXDiamond
    Participant

To me there has always been a discrepancy between BA policy and CAA policy. An example of this is the need to show a boarding pass at the aircraft door. I’ve been told by BA crew many times that it is a CAA requirement. It isn’t and never has been and if it was, every flight BD operated was in breach of those requirements.

Generally I’m in favour of obeying rules but when so many people don’t it always does beg the question of is the rule appropriate or not. Many is the time I’ve observed BA crew on shorthaul services switch on their own phones after landing from my seat in 1D and start to receive and presumably send text messages. I’ve also seen dead heading pilots do it. Either these rules were for everyone or no one.

Anyway, I’m delighted to see that the CAA have seen sense and done away with this requirement.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls