FLATULENCE on board?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

• Hippocampus
    Participant

I thought airlines put charcoal in the seats to deal with this particular problem?

Hippocampus
    Participant

I thought airlines put charcoal in the seats to deal with this particular problem?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Equip yourself with the choice odour control!!

Clean living to all!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I fear the board has found its level, judging by the numbers of responses to this thread…..!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

… at least this board has a good smell about it………of course if RichHi1 and his Febreze Anti Allergen spray is next to you…….

OK the weekend is over!

RichHI1
    Participant

It is interesting that many US airlines use a bag of airline coffee in the toilets to mask odours. I guess it is fitting as it tastes like cr*p and it does work to mask aromas.
    Heard an interesting story of a lady who lit a match tomask the aroma in the bathroom set off a smoke detector and almost got herself arrested as a terrorist suspect…

alberttky
    Participant

Well, unfortunately the unpleasant smell is very much part of flying. Gas forms in our intestinal tract when we eat and as we climb and ambient pressure falls around us, pressure in our guts tries to equalize and therefore humans feel bloated and therefore the need to release the gas. You can only pray that your fellow passengers have not consumed too much curries and onions and peas and beans… etc before take off. Good luck!

RichHI1
    Participant

There are many anti flatulence products that the considerate passengers can purchase without prescription, Beano, Gas-x etc being just some . They also prevent bloating on long flights.

dutchyankee
    Participant

One of the problems also, as discussed in a previous topic about cabin temperature, is that Flight Attendants tend to up the heat especially on night flights as that tends to make people more drowsy, but this also has an effect on bloating and causing the gas inside you to expand culminating in the rather unpleasant result.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

We are moving into the area of chemistry. May be the airlines should dispense Beano tablets to ALL passengers coming on board!

I carry a battery powered fan at all times,

RichHI1
    Participant

You get earlier flight OK?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Never did understand why curry and some other spicy meals are served. Surely this contributes to the problem.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Rich: Only by a couple of hours but checking the airline websites and the news on TV, the earlier departures can experience serious delays whereas later flights would have a higher chance of a on-time departures!

Last thing I want to do is to spend another night in NYC!!!

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRPe-tKtF4

Penny from Come Fly With Me would certainly not stand for it and find the culprit(s)!

LordKenT
    Participant

Fly Prepared.

http://www.beanogas.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls