First Timer on NF

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

Besides you said something about that ages ago.

@ FormerlyDoS – 10/01/2013 12:37 GMT

I never thought I would reach this point, but I’ve had it up to here with airports and FFPs…but it’s a hard habit to break!

BTW, the buses in Malta seem to have changed colour. I watched a programme on Spanish TV this week and they were yellow! I spent a very good week visiting all corners of the island over 20 years ago on green buses. I must go back one day.

Papillion53
    Participant

OK Alexpol1 – Buses – what’s this got to do with NF old boy??? I know I drift sometimes, well all the time(!), but think this may well win today’s prize! LOL!

Have I digressed yet again without realising?

I just can’t help it….

Back on topic: my first time in F was in NF. Next time I will try my best to get on an OF flight, one of those routes with 30% probability of NF. Maybe I will start a new trend? LOL

Papillion53
    Participant

DavidGoff

For what it is worth I work backwards from the time we would be expected to board, or want to board the aircraft and then deduct time to walk (or otherwise) to the gate, what I want to do in the lounge – in T5, I always go straight to the spa as I do sometimes like a little pampering before I fly, so the sooner you get to the spa desk, the better chance you have of getting a treatment. (You can also pre-book via YouFirst if you know what you want and when). I like to have a spa treatment before I eat if its possible, and then I can relax over dinner, lunch whatever. In the CCR, it’s also nice to sit out on the terrace and people watch “the milling crowds” down on the concourse. So I would like to spend a couple of hours in any lounge, and I know some on here would just shudder at that thought, but I enjoy it and its all part of the travel experience to me! Then you need to allow enough time to get through security. So your arrival time would be absolutely fine for all of what I would choose to do! And, of course, if shopping is on your agenda, then a little extra time for that?

I just cannot bear to be late anywhere so I always allow extra time and I’m also quite good at just sitting lounging as it were, so never an issue for me! 😉 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Alexpol1 – it’s an age thing – well the DH keeps telling me that anyway! I swear to goodness next time he says that I will bring up that I will tell everyone on the forum that he is only a 34″ waist with those magic M&S trousers!! 😉 LOL!

Maybe you meant to post it on the Then and Now thread?

Lime green is definitely not my favourite colour either!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls