First Timer on NF

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

FDOS – Fair comment. You said in another thread recently something along the lines that you flew BA 10% of your 1,200 flights that you had made to date. (sorry if it not quite correct, perhaps you can correct me) Have you flown the same number of times with all the other airlines or there abouts?

GordyUK
    Participant

i really want a new career that allows me to fly as much as some of you on here.. lol

lostantipod
    Participant

I had my first NF last November , LHR- BKK and thought it was pretty good hard product; service was a bit erratic at all points starting from boarding and ending with forgetting to give us our arrival cards. We had old First on the return which , while the service was actually better, the hard product reminded me just how shabby BA had let their F offering become compared to other F (and J) I have travelled.

I agree with @FormerlyDoS – hard to justify over some J offerings out there, that’s why mine were Amex avios 2-4-1 rewards – I had the points to burn. I like the new F experience but I’m very hesitant to recommend that it is head and shoulders above everything else out there. When a BA F flight starts with a trek to a distant gate , then a scrum of a boarding experience (the BKK flight boarding was delayed, everyone started massing around the door, and boarding commencement was indicated by a BA Ground staff simply opening the door and waving her hand up over her shoulder as if she direcitng traffic through an intersection), and nobody greets you properly (just saying “on the left ” when they inspect your BP)… takes the gloss off it. Even Thai in BKK manage to personally usher you through security and then golf-buggy you to your individual cabana in the lounge 🙂

(oh sorry @ Age_of_Reason, BP = boarding pass, not a petrol company)

DavidGoff
    Participant

Iam aiming to arrive @ T5 apx 17.00 for 20.45 departure.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

David & Greg, read this thread…. Take note of what Vintage Krug tells you it will enhance your experience!!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/First-Class-Novice-needs-Help

lostantipod, boarding is not totally the fault of BA in all cases sometimes Y passengers once they hear the boarding announcement dont listen and understand what is being said and all surge forward.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Have you flown the same number of times with all the other airlines or there abouts?”

I’d say a minimum of 50 on all of the airlines mentioned and in some cases more than a hundred (350 on one airline.)

BTW the 1,200 approx is over the past 10 years, I’ve being travelling on business since 1978, but the flights beyond that point are ancient history 😉

Edited to add last sentence.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“i really want a new career that allows me to fly as much as some of you on here.. lol”

You don’t Gordy, believe you me 🙂

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

lostantipod

It’s interesting to see which airlines manage the ground part of the journey well, isn’t it?

One of the worst , IMHO, are EK, where you have to fight your way through DXB T3 (and I mean fight) to get to a remote gate, where they board Y pax first and eventually get around to F and J, following which a 20 min bus journey often occurs.

Once on board, the service is very good, but the ground experience is not great.

DavidGoff
    Participant

Also hoping that it will be NF too !

BeckyBoop
    Participant

David, have a look at this, it will give you a rough idea of your chances…

http://www.ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm

lostantipod
    Participant

@BeckyBoop – i hear you – in this case, the boarding announcement began when we were already in the airbridge along with maybe 100 other pax…. The signal for stampede was the arm-waving of the ground staff, which preceded the announcement…

lostantipod
    Participant

@FormerlyDoS… good to know about Dubai, thanks… now that QF are routing through DXB, I’m even less tempted to change my ways and will continue to route to SYD via Asia for now….

esselle
    Participant

BB
    How do you know I fly more on BA than other airlines?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You rarely ever talk about any other airline.

esselle
    Participant

2 plus 2 equals 5 then?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls