FFP redemptions…Hopeless?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

• Biztraveller74
    Participant

VK,
    The concept of value is very subjective.
    Indeed, is it because a suit is cheap for its quality and design and brand that I should buy it if what I need is inferior quality, design and brand, and price! Paying a lot more for what I do not need is not good value purchase.

Hence, premium exonomy, to me at least, are of marginal benefit conpared to economy, therefore paying premium for business upgrade with miles makes my mileage quite inefficiently used.

Ian from Hkg,
    I agree CX is actually not to bad. Luckily, we can book with avios on CX without the outrageous surcharges…as for Miles and More, 800 euros seems really high…remember, you flew quite a bit to get those miles…

VintageKrug
    Participant

*smirks just a little bit*

Biztraveller74
    Participant

VK,
    You are entitled to smirk, but it is important to realise not everyone has flying needs similar to yours.
    Overall, the FFP are applying a all fit all policy, which might noy work well for everyone!
    With over 1/2 million avios, same with M&M and Virgin, none is really better than the other, at least for me!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

For the last 18 hours BA have been showing 1 seat available on their website for an avios booking BA 9 tonight.

Whilst I have a Miles and More reservation, I did try to grab the BA seat with the intention of then cancelling my M&M reservation. But each time I go to the reservation page it shows no availability.

I thought the web site was being improved……..

Travellerlucid
    Participant

MartynSinclair,
    I guess the fact that you saw there was an available seat might be an improvement on its own…next step is to have it bookable.

All,
    I read this thread I initiated, and I realise there were very few comments that really addressed my issue…I challenge surcharge tax all airlines apply, I certainly did not intend to attack one airline in particular.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls