Fast Track Access with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

• AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

On a recent flight from Warsaw to LHR, I checked in as usual as I had a checked bag, then went to the Gold Track Business class security zone at the other end of the airport, something I have done maybe 40 times each of the past 4 years of living/working here.

I let the reader scan my boarding pass, and no access, I asked the guard stationed there, and he said ‘you probably in economy,’ to which I replied here is my boarding pass, clearly business class, then he said, ‘oh, British airways, they didnt pay subscription for this year, talk to them?’ Once through security through the normal channels, I wrote to BA on their app to question is this now the norm, or an error.

The answer I received 8 days later simply stated, we cannot advise you about what services BA pays for or doesnt pay for at destination airports, but we only provide fast track security services at LHR/LGW and JFK? I followed up as I have used Fast Track at almost every airport I fly to on BA, and only now have encountered this. I am curious if this is now going to be the norm?

openfly
    Participant

If BA has to pay then you won’t get it!! BA doesn’t like to pay for anything these days…it’s the cutbacks!! That’s how they make massive profits for the shareholders…such as me! Blow the pax.

3 users thanked author for this post.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

The latest response from BA:

‘Thanks for coming back to us about your experience at Warsaw. I understand you’re unhappy with our response, but hopefully I can explain our position to you.
    As we’ve advised previously, we wouldn’t be able to provide any information about why contracts with the airport authority may not be extended. I understand from your email, how strongly you feel about this issue. However, we won’t be able to provide the requested information to passengers as it’s not available to us either.
    We’re always very grateful when our most valued customers take the time to offer their thoughts and suggestions. Feedback is very important to us, as it’s only through this that we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve. Please be assured that your comments have been noted so that we can use them to improve our service.
    Thanks again for getting in touch. We really appreciate your support as a Gold Executive Club member and I hope our decision won’t stop you from choosing to fly with us again. Please use the blue link below to contact me directly if I can help with any other separate issues.
    Best regards’

So Openfly, you are 100% correct, no longer going to have access as they need to pay for it!

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

So it’s all about cost cutting, BA will not pay, and they are dissembling in their reply to try and make it appear that it is down to the airport.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Fast track as a Goldie worked for me this month in DUS & HKG, and last month in FAO & LIS, month before in LAS & AMS.

Maybe Warsaw is an exception.

capetonianm
    Participant

If this is the way BA are going, they would be better to adopt the easyJet/Ryanair model of charging extra for any other than the most basic service (i.e an unspecified seat on a flight and one small item of hand baggage). That way there would be clarity and consistency.

Ekond222
    Participant

Swissdiver
    Participant

Choosing a European business class cannot be motivated by the seat (Aeroflot excepted) nor the food (it is all right but not worth the price difference). Business class lounge is a nice perk, but it is possible to do without. What’s left? Fast track check-in and security. For me, removing fast track security would clearly be a deal-breaker and a reason to choose another airline!

3 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=988499][/postquote]

Flew out of EZE (Buenos Aires) last week: no Fast Track security there for BA Business Class PAX, but (to be fair), there were no lines in security anyway. Through in 2 minutes.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Fast track as a Goldie worked for me this month in DUS & HKG,” – where is Fast track at HKG for BAEC Gold?

agsteele
    Participant

This may also have a connection to the fact that Gold Track Business is a Star Alliance brand so available to LOT (Star Alliance) partners with ease and charged at a premium to non-Star Alliance airlines.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I had a similar experience last week in Helsinki, I had a business class ticket and went to the fast track security and was told that BA dont pay for the service but to try my boarding pass anyway. Fortunately the system granted me access.

capetonianm
    Participant

Is this the prelude to abolishing business class on s/h routes?

If so why don’t they just do it instead of keeping a pretence of offering anything superior in return for the higher fare? After all, for most people the ancillaries such as fast track, lounge, etc are worth at least as much as the on board product, which is not that great anyway.

StephenLondon
    Participant

@AFlyingDutchman: Might I suggest you write to Carolina Martinoli, Director of Brand and Customer, and advise her of your challenges at WAW. There are a few European airports where Fast Track is available, and indeed BA don’t opt to pay for it, places such as Budapest, Nice, Oslo, Helsinki, etc. My understanding is Carolina is working to change this, so every encouragement from the customer must help.

It is interesting that fast-track feature no longer shows for European airports on the product description. But then again, with prices on a LHR-HEL return, for example, at £195 in Club Europe these days (March availability, vs Finnair’s £682), I can understand why BA don’t want to shell out £30/£40/£50 (whatever it costs) per pax for fast-track access.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

@StephenLondon, I will do this right away. Many thanks, and if I receive a reply, I will post it here. Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls