Fast Track Access with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=988880][/postquote]

Fancy running a business for profit. Who would have thought it?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

@BT: don’t you have here an interesting topic for an article where you could compare European business class services on the ground?

2 users thanked author for this post.

MarkCymru
    Participant

@esselle is right — I should learn not to rely on taxi drivers for my information. I looked it up and Lyon is majority-owned by a Vinci consortium (although I think they’re still quite keen on earning money…)

In answer to @swissdiver, I fly from GVA a lot on Easyjet and, with a Plus card, get fast track. It will be interesting to see if BA is worse

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

As promised, I would post the reply from BA as soon as I received one. Thanks again @StephenLondon fro the suggestion. Here is the response:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to Carolina Martinoli at British Airways. I do hope you do not mind me responding on her behalf.

First and foremost, I understand the disappointment at Fast Track being removed in WAW. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Historically, the airport authority in WAW had offered Fast Track services free of charge. As of January 2020 a charge for Fast Track was imposed at which point British Airways ceased offering this service to our customers. Not offering Fast Track at WAW does align with the customer offering across our network with the exception of London airports.

I fully recognise that this change is disappointing for which I apologise once again.

I oversee the ground experience across the British Airways network, including lounges. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future or you would like to feedback on your experience, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards

I will reply that this does surprise me as many airports still allow access so it is not only at London Airport, but perhaps only at airports where it is free to the airlines. As mentioned already by many here on the Forum, it must have been a cost thing. Very dissappointing indeed.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Not offering Fast Track at WAW does align with the customer offering across our network with the exception of London airports”

It would be interesting to create a complete list of UK/European BA destinations and see how many airports BA passengers can use fast track and how many they cant.

To be fair, the website has also changed re Fast Track – https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/business/club-europe – only in London Airports

openfly
    Participant

Gatwick South terminal isn’t true FastTrack. You go through the FastTrack entrance and are, immediately, merged into the normal queues! Hardly a dedicated facility….

PhilipHart
    Participant

Wrong. I was there yesterday (2nd Feb) and the Fast Track leads to a separate security lane.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=989162][/postquote]

There is a dedicated lane. However when there are no people waiting they do tend to merge the regular queue.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=989203][/postquote]

A bit like the F dedicated lane BA has at JFK.

Go through it and merge immediately into a longish queue with all the J pax.

Swissdiver
    Participant

GVA: Fast track is provided to Gold card holders and business class passengers. It costs BA CHF 10 per pax. For now, it seems there is no sign of suppression of the service. Now, GVA hosts many international organisations as well as EMEA headquarters and therefore feeds BA long haul flights in premium classes, as it does for AF, LX, LH, KL among several others, which is probably why it is treated differently.

openfly
    Participant

@PhilipHart…WRONG ! I was there this morning and the “FastTrack” line merged…one FastTrack pax for one in the other queue…alternating! As I say, hardly a dedicated FastTrack facility.

JollyFlyer
    Participant

I was also there this morning at 07:15 for the 09:00 flight to Tirana. There was a dedicated Fast Track queue at that time but it was backing up post scanning because so many bags were going for a secondary check.I was through in 2 minutes, I couldn’t see how they would merge with another queue unless it was with the Family and Assistance line.
    There was a person checking boarding passes to allow people into the Fast Track line, then 2 dedicated gates to scan the boarding passes followed by a screen showing which place to stand and deposit your bags, coats, liquids etc before going through a single x-ray machine.

Openfly, we obviously had completely different experiences this morning and it must be down to how Gatwick manage the Fast Track queue perhaps during quieter times.

Swissdiver
    Participant

In the lounge at Gatwick. The walls between fast track and regular one are fixed. There is however a little passage. But I guess it would be used only early morning or late evening, when it is very quiet. Worth to note: This is not a BA facility, so BA can’t do much about it.

Derek1948
    Participant

Swissdiver, Don’t worry, we’ll all still blame BA even though they have no control over it

Swissdiver
    Participant

It seems BA gave up fast track also when flying in Club World…
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/travel-classes/business/club-world reads:

Faster check-in and boarding
    Booking Club World means getting through the airport smoothly and efficiently, with dedicated check-in desks and fast-track security at three airports: London Heathrow, London Gatwick, and New York JFK.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls