Fast Track Access with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

I’m intrigued to know where you found those BA fares (LHR-HEL return, for example, at £195 in Club Europe these days) as the lowest I could find was £306 and most were > £400.
    It is odd that there is such a big difference in the fares given that they are OneWorld Alliance partners.

blloyd
    Participant

We encountered this issue at Budapest in August last year. We were also told by local security that British Airways had stopped paying for the perk, and then directed to the back of the (long) security queue.

Bluekjp
    Participant

BA, has ‘not paid’ (airport staff quote) for Fastrak security at Budapest for many years now, and as a customer I still feel aggrieved by this every time I’m there particularly when you see the banner at the Fastrak security entrance displaying an innumerable list of airlines’ Business Class passengers that can use it.
    You can also expect BA to start removing air-bridges. This has just begun at Budapest so all passengers have to walk through the ‘Wizzair’ cages of old down steep steps onto the tarmac, out into the rain/snow and walk to the aircraft. This is apparently saving BA 500,000 euros per year. You can expect this regression in services to spread IMO.
    I love BA and find this ebbing downgrading of services quite heartbreaking.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=988555][/postquote]

Hi Martyn,

Sorry, I just looked at my flight history. I actually took the ferry to HKIA from SheKhou so no Fast track

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Faroflyer – no problems. It is strange that HKG does not have fast track, but I find it such an efficient airport, the lines are not so long, especially now.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Just tweeted to BA to clarify. Received this answer:

Hi, there are dedicated Club Europe check-in desks at most airports but not Fast Track security outside of our London airports. If there’s anything else we can help with, please let us know. I do apologise.

To which I replied:

Thanks. This new policy is in my view clearly sub-standard and unacceptable. Although I am a Gold Member for over a decade, I am flying BA next week probably for the last time!

I truly hate to say it, but I mean it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

Fast Track Security is available for BA status pax at Glasgow (or was when I last went through) so BA’s own information is not correct…..

Derek1948
    Participant

True, we were there on Boxing Day flying back to Gatwick and used fast track.

DavidGrodentz
    Participant

Hi Martyn

There is a new (it was there in Sep 2019 at least) fast track at HKG for departing passengers. There is definitely one at the immigration counters at the left side of the airport (when facing airside). We received a fast track pass when flying business with Hong Kong Airlines, though have never received one from other airlines. Sorry, not sure if a business class boarding pass will also provide access

DerekVH
    Participant

I used the Glasgow Fast Track on Sunday (travelling with BA to LGW), travelling in Y but Silver Card holder.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=988689][/postquote]

I guess BA doesn’t want to guarantee fast-track at a cost. So where it works for free, it’s fine, not elsewhere. I suspect there is a larger game behind the move: to accept or not that airports charge for the service. Also there is a chance they actually selectively pay. I fly ex-GVA next week and will try to get more as this is typically an important feeding point for long-haul BA flights (about 10 flights to LHR per day), and GVA charges airlines for fast track.

MarkCymru
    Participant

Flying Lyon to London yesterday in CE, I tried to use the fast track, but the automatic gate wouldn’t let me through. It suggested talking to an agent, but there wasn’t one. I used the normal queue and it was quite quick. I asked in the lounge, but the nice lady was contracted staff and said, in theory, she thought it should have worked but she wasn’t sure. I didn’t have the energy to ask at the gate. I suspect that BA have stopped paying the Chinese consortium who now run Lyon for maximum profit

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=988522][/postquote]

Well, even this is wrong as there is no fast track at LCY…

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=988880][/postquote]

LYS is not owned by a Chinese backed consortium; the majority owner is Vinci. You’re thinking of TLS I think.

fatbear
    Participant

I was able to use Fast Track for security at Edinburgh, Athens and Sydney last year, and passport control only in Prague ( the security check is at each departure gate ). I was not permitted at Helsinki, but the assistant helpfully suggested using the smaller security lanes up an escalator where there is normally less queues as it isn’t particularly well sign posted. There is no fast track at all at Antigua…………

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls