Etihad First Lounge Abu Dhabi

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• blend69
    Participant

I very much doubt that you would get a response, I copied my original “feedback” to senior management and it was studiously ignored. Etihad does not do real communications with passengers who have a gripe, their response is take it or leave it.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Blend69,

I respect your point .

The catch is that in the GCC ,even if you are of a different culture (Etihad is managed mainly by Aussies and Brits) you always tend to follow the trend .People there don t communicate negative news ,but rather always like to show off what they would boast ! This applies to EY,EK and of couuuuuuuuuurse QR .Transparency is not a word people conceive well there .

FDOS_UK
    Participant

KSHaggag – 28/11/2015 11:00 GMT

Absolutely correct.

crookieLondon
    Participant

The following extract from the Etihad reply to goalie11’s post above is absolute rubbish. I experienced their “First Class experience” last Sunday and can assure you that it was anything but first class.

“Mr xxx, we certainly appreciate how important a dedicated lounge is for our First Class guests’ comfort and convenience. In the interim period, a dedicated area for our First Class guests has been made available at the Premium Lounge, which opened in September 2014. This area is cordoned off and staffed by a team member to verify eligibility and to ensure each and every First Class guest is offered a superior and remarkable First Class experience.”

The Etihad First Apartment is amazing. IF ONLY THEY WERE AS GOOD ON THE GROUND AS THEY ARE IN THE AIR. If they consider the service they currently offer to their First Class passengers in the Premium (ie Business Class) Lounge in Abu Dhabi is appropriate, they are delusional.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Actually once the Midfield Terminal is inaugurated in 2017 ,the whole EY Ground experience will get a boost .I am sure Mr Hogan and his Team are fully aware of the hurdles that Premium passengers on EY face on the ground at the AUH hub ;a lot of efforts have been identified but so far the experience is not fully satisfactory .
    Yes ..that same lounge at T3 by gate 35 is sometimes veryyyyyy empty ;in all cases it is still an upgrade compared to the previous smaller facility in front of the T3 security .

chrisba
    Participant

Oh my goodness are you on EY commission?
    Its appalling, I am a platinum card holder and supposed to get first class lounge access.
    When I asked to access the “special” area as there was no other seating space, I was declined and ignored!
    Who wants to accept this level of service and still give loyalty to such a brand for another 2 year…please its time to vote with your feet as I have done to Qatar Airways

crookieLondon
    Participant

Now, come on chrisba. I know it is not fashionable, but obviously KSHaggag is an optimist, and what’s wrong with that (more please). I agree with some of your sentiments, but have you experienced Etihad’s First Apartment. I have and there is simply NOTHING BETTER. I am very frustrated with Etihad’s current ground service, but the time will come………………

chrisba
    Participant

Good for you for taking the long road…not for me I am afraid. Life is just too short

crookieLondon
    Participant

I’m 66 so the long road is not too long but I’m prepared to wait…..Enjoy your flooding in Qatar. Don’t forget to pack your (temporary) snorkel. Breath easy. Isn’t this fun….!!!!!

blend69
    Participant

Have another return flight to London with Etihad in a few days. Booked in Business, because I know there is NO ETIHAD F LOUNGE in Abu Dhabi terminal 3.
    Etihad invite me in an email to upgrade for money, and to make them an offer in cash for the upgrade. Their email gives the following of paying up to another £800 plus for an upgrade.

When you travel in First Class you can enjoy:
    Access to our First Class Lounge with five-star dining
    Complimentary treatment at the Six Senses Spa
    Uncompromised privacy behind closed doors
    A welcome drink service, pre-dessert course, and Café Gourmand and cognac services
    Fine dining with expert recommendations from our personal inflight chef
    Signature bedtime turn-down service offering stylish lounge wear.
    There is NO FIRST CLASS LOUNGE IN TERMINAL 3, and there will not be a lounge for the next few months (they say).

blend69
    Participant

Fine words, but I know different, thats why I switched to Etihad

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls