Etihad First Lounge Abu Dhabi

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

• hommeboy
    Participant

Etihad hasn’t been very forthcoming about the F lounge and they always seem to sidestep questions from pax. Saying that the sectioned off area is the F lounge is a little like smoke and mirrors. What next? Section off a lavatory in Y and claim it’s the F lavatory?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen ,

I would highly suggest that BT sends an official query to Mr Peter Baumgartner ,CCO Etihad asking for a clear explanation on this closing and giving us clear info on when the airline is planning to reopen it officially ;this is an important issue especially that EY is supposedly a Premium carrier eyeing First Class Intercontinental traffic in various parts of the world .
    Hi Alex ; is that possible ?
    Thank you

first_class_please
    Participant

I see from the Etihad Guest membership that Silver and Gold card holders get lounge access only in Al-Reem lounge in Terminal 1.

As all Etihad flights operate from T3, anybody know how convenient it is to access the lounge between flights?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello first _calss_please !

Yes ,Gold members on EY have access to Al Reem lounge so far due to space constraints at their flagship signature lounge .EY is actually a victim of an ailing hub that they have .Things will hopefully much better and brighter once the Midfield Terminal opens in 2017 ( reportedly ) ;this will make all the difference in the world .
    There is a 5-6 min walk between the two terminals T1 where the Al Reem lounge is located and T3 where EY flights operate .It is a pretty long walkway ( not horribly long ) ,but you stand chances of bumping into people walking in the reverse direction at peak hours .
    The Al Reem lounge is not up to the good standards at the main EY lounge.

goalie11
    Participant

@first_class_please

As KSHaggag says the Al Reem lounge is a very poor substitute to the Etihad premium lounges for Gold and Silvers travelling in economy.

You do need to check as not all Etihad flights leave from T3, they still have a number departing from T1, mainly to the Indian subcontinent and occasionally the UK flights.

With regard to the walk, it is only 5-6 minute walk but you have to watch at peak times. You need to pass through security again and the queue can build up back towards T1. What you need to do is walk to the left of the queue towards security and you will come to the fast track lane for business class and Golds. I know Silvers do the same and nobody seems to bother.

UAEScot1
    Participant

for clarification the security that was between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 has been removed. Once airside at either T1 or T3 you can walk between both areas without re-screening.
    The Al Reem lounge is a Premium Plaza lounge and not an Etihad lounge, its used by multiple airlines and by Priority Pass.
    I hear it will be well into next year before the F lounge reopens!!

goalie11
    Participant

Great to hear that UAEScot1, it was a particular pain and went on for too long.

KSHaggag
    Participant

The great relief will be once the new Midfield Terminal slated for 2017 will be operational ;that will change the whole Etihad ground experience at their hub .Any arrangements now are just a struggle to survive and offer something as decent as possible .

goalie11
    Participant

I took the liberty of sending a link to this discussion to James Hogan the CEO of Etihad for his take on it.

I have just received this from his Guest Relations Manager.

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your correspondence. We certainly appreciate the time you have taken from your busy schedule to share the link posted in Business Traveller magazine.

I would like to assure you that we value our guests’ feedback and whenever their concerns are brought to our attention, we strive to address them in a prompt manner. The concerns raised by “blend69” with respect to the opening of our First class Lounge in Abu Dhabi were addressed by us on 17 November 2015.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to also share with you that the construction of our new First Class Lounge is well underway. However, we have been addressing some issues which took longer than expected to rectify. I can assure you we are not looking to cut costs, but instead we are developing a lounge which will deliver a remarkable experience to our First Class guests, with new and exciting features over and above those of the previous lounge, and with significantly more space. This is taking time to build, but we are currently working very hard to open the new lounge in early 2016. I am sure you will understand that such delays are solely due to our insistence on the very best standards.

Mr xxx, we certainly appreciate how important a dedicated lounge is for our First Class guests’ comfort and convenience. In the interim period, a dedicated area for our First Class guests has been made available at the Premium Lounge, which opened in September 2014. This area is cordoned off and staffed by a team member to verify eligibility and to ensure each and every First Class guest is offered a superior and remarkable First Class experience.

As you may have seen with the recent introduction of the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft to our fleet, we have invested heavily in product and service onboard. We aim to match that with our service on the ground. The First Class Lounge, which as previously mentioned will be opening in early 2016, will offer upgraded facilities to our First Class guests. We are also investing heavily in the guest experience at our new home, the spectacular Midfield terminal at Abu Dhabi International Airport, due to open in 2017.

We appreciate your loyalty to us and trust you will enjoy great travel experiences with us in the future.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours sincerely,
    Natalie Coley
    Manager, Guest Relations

KSHaggag
    Participant

Just brilliant !

Thank you goalie11 for reaching out to Mr Hogan !

chrisba
    Participant

I totally agree and as a platinum card holder am just so disgusted by the whole ground experience in Abu Dhabi have just decided to switch to Qatar Airways. My first flights were last week and its a night and day experience difference.
    Sorry Etihad but you have lost it, your airline alliance doesn’t work ( almost like a red rag to a bull showing an etihad platinum card to other airline staff), the Abu Dhabi transfer is a disgrace – especially security and the lounge situation appalling
    Only saving grace was inflight, but that is not so good anymore and QR was just as good if not better.
    I guess whilst they have Nicole flying in their residence, they dont really care about us premium paying “guests”!

blend69
    Participant

The volume of passengers does fluctuate a lot, I too have seen it “empty”. The point I am making is that is was not empty this time, and to spend 2 hours with nowhere to sit is not what I expected.

blend69
    Participant

Well I can confirm that the new Qatar first lounge at Doha is something to behold. I did not try the spa there, but I have a feeling that treatments are not free in the Qatar lounge , and that seems to me to be very strange.

blend69
    Participant

A new 1st Class lounge has recently opened (mid October 2015) at the new Hamad airport in Doha. It is spectacular, and huge. I think it is by far the best first class lounge I have ever been in anywhere .

blend69
    Participant

It is not open, and that is the confusion, because the Etihad website is confused and sort of indicates that it is indeed open, but I can assure you the only lounge they have in terminal 3 is the very bury business lounge near gate 35

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls