Do you keep a record of your flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

I recall, it was gift from the crew….
    They drew the line with my request for the seat.
    Even today, I miss those extremely well thick upholstered seat 🙂

PerthWA
    Participant

I wish I had… In a moment of madness I threw everything out including diaries, invites, the massive matchbook and swizzle stick collections.

Regret regret as of course I thought I could rely on stamps in my passport to remind me in perpetuity of trips but of course… No one stamps your passport anymore 🙁

for those of you keeping current BPs… With that new digital ink.. They fade. Quickly.

TridentGold
    Participant

I have kept a detailed log since 1977 (when I made my first business flight). Aside from being a useful tax reference over the years, it has been fun keeping it going and a reminder of happy and sad times past in various parts of the World. I have kept many but not all boarding passes and although slightly OCD, I have only retained the odd interesting menu and timetable. Looking back on old treasure from Air Rhodesia, Pan Am and CAAC reminds me to be grateful for modern safety and comfort!

Janbeegee
    Participant

What a great thread! What memories! I kept records of just two, the ticket from my first ever flight – BOAC Heathrow to Pittsburgh via New York on a Viscount in 1967. I was a teenager off to stay with family in Pennsylvania and the ticket price reads £262.00 for a one way flight. (I returned on the original Queen Elizabeth to Southampton but that’s a different story!) The second was my one and only Concorde trip kept all the stuff from that!

Scotcan
    Participant

Yes, I do too! I threw away (err, recycled) all my tickets, boarding passes, etc. a while ago. I have kept a running list of all my flights since my first in 1977, on JAL from LHR to SYD via Anchorage and Tokyo, the final leg of which was very turbulent! Flight Memories is a good website too.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Love this thread too. I am an airline memorabilia nut, and have timetables from when my parents started travelling in the 50’s, and I kept this trend going. I also have First Class menus, round-the-world menus from Pan Am (those were the days, dining upstairs), and I even have a few BOAC first class 7 stop menus to Australia, fantastic. As VK said in another thread, that was when the Food service was the IFE!! I likewise have all my boarding passes from the last 15 years. I know, I know, I need to get a life!

PerthWA
    Participant

Scotcan..great route JAL via anchorage… Is that stuffed polar bear still there in the airport?
    Best JAL moment the super fast Tokyo London via Moscow and getting to buy the very worst ever bottle of duty free rocket fuel (aka vodka) in a mixture of yen, us$, Singapore $ and sterling.. And they
    took the coins!!

Scotcan
    Participant

PerthWA – I couldn’t tell you about the bear, but your post reminded me of my return flight from SYD to LHR, also on JAL via Tokyo and Moscow. Due to strong head winds, the flight made an extra stop in Khabarovsk (Eastern Siberia) en route to Moscow. Had to deplane and walk to terminal – it was Jan 1st and absolutely freezing! Pilot also reminded passengers not to take any photos while over the USSR (as it was then). By strange coincidence, many passengers in window seats appeared not to hear that announcement…!

Q8Kiddie
    Participant

Scotcan & Trident Gold,

Indeed 1977 was a good year as I to made my first flight that year – Gulf Air VC10 from LHR to MCT via AUH – still got the ticket and BP’s – along with all the others since – well over a million Km’s according to my rough Excel spreadsheet calcs.

Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls