Do you keep a record of your flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

Delsurrey
    Participant

Having grown up as a kid near Prestwick Airport I have always been a bit of an Aircraft ‘anorak’ but not quite got to the stage of a dedicated plane spotter. I never thought that I would in later life be enjoying first class international travel but I earned BA Gold Exec Status simply from frequent flights within the UK and Europe despite none of my travel being for business purposes.

I have always kept a record of every flight I have ever taken, indeed up until eTickets were introduced I even retained the tickets. This came in very handy when I recently came across a site called Flight Memory.com which allows you to enter all your flight details and it presents some interesting statistics including how many flights you have done on a particular route, with a particular airline and in a particular aircraft. It is quite fascantating and free but has a premium section for a very reasonable fee and for some extra services.

Through this I now know I have flown the eqiuivalent of 25 times around the world. I am also able to know that when I travel to Barbados later this week I will have travelled 500,000 miles with BA. I would be asking them for an upgrade but I am already in First and travelling on BA miles so I had better keep quiet!

Derek

http://www.flightmemory.com

LindsayW
    Participant

Similarly, I have kept all my tickets and BP’s since I started flying in 1989 and still keep an Excel sreadsheet including all cost as well. As a backstop, I also use http://www.ba97.com – handy when meeting other FF’s who are also on same flights or in lounges together.

I always get a card BP rather than printing out or mobile phone BP’s.

M.Moose
    Participant

Interesting….I’ve also been traveling for the past 10+ years (for work and leisure). Used to keep the tickets, but have since disposed of them. I still keep my boarding passes though….especially my first trip over 20+ years ago – brings back fond memories.

Safe travels to all the future air miles and let’s continue to remember our responsibility to the environment as well.

TominScotland
    Participant

Its great to see that other frequent travellers have their nerdish tendencies!! Mine is that I have a full list of all the airports into/ out of which I have taken a commercial flight. Going back to my first flight from Luxembourg to Heathrow with Luxair in 1964 on a Fokker F27 Friendship, I have now travelled through 215 airports worldwide. I would love to add to this total but, unfortunately, my travel footprint tends to be repetitive rather than allowing me to do so on a regular basis. Having added only one “new” airport to the list so far this year (Hobart), so far I can only see one further addition on my planned list this year (Podgorica).

RichardB
    Participant

I don’t keep a track myself but lufthansa does for me and generates a web page. it’s quite fascinating – the number of hours spent in the plane, the number of times at each airport, the routes drawn on a map.

I’m not sure I like the results though – in the past 18 months i’ve taken 111 flights and spent a total of 13 days in the air. 13 days!

Senator
    Participant

I used to save all boarding passes in shoe boxes, but I decided to stop. Given my keen interest in F&B, I used to collect First/Business menus. Don’t ask me why.

The Miles & More application is both cool and scary at the same time. I agree with you RichardB. According to M&M, I have travelled on Star only:

Your Miles & More flight statistics in the period 01.01.2009 to today.

Number of flights 116

Flown distance 235,254 km or 146,180 miles

Flight time 15d 5h 5min

Would be great to have this for all FF schemes (I also have Silver on BA and KLM/AF)

lloydah
    Participant

Senator, this is like coming out of the closet. I’ve been collecting menus from all my flights for ages and kept it a secret thinking I’d be locked away if anyone found out . Glad I’m not alone, or maybe the cell is big enough for both of us.:)

MarcusUK
    Participant

So how many blankets, duvets, tray items, & perfumes have you aquired also?!!!

flyingdutchman
    Participant

Got my tickets and menus /wine lists of flights since 1976. My wife thinks it is rather ridiculous to keep it and thinks I am the only crazy one in this world. Wait until she reads all this.
    Had Platinum on KLM, but do not fly so much anymore, so just got my last downgrade, Ivory member now, no perks !

lloydah
    Participant

Not sure if I should admit to all of it, but apart from the BA slippers and pjs there are a couple of VA rugs, odd bits of old Air UK cutlery (when even economy had silverware) -then there are, of course the line of toiletry bags that run over the horizon. Probably I’m just a novice at this as, when we are together, my wife tends to make me put it all down before we disembark, the bits she sees anyway.

Senator
    Participant

I guess as everyone is “outing themselves” I may add to please MarcusUK of the details 🙂

One set of PJs from each airline I have travelled in First
    LX – 3 trips (one pair)
    LH – 3 trips (one pair)
    BA – 1 trip (one pair)
    AF – 1 trip (one pair)
    As I travel in First perhaps once a year, I tend to bring the PJ with me to wear in Club/Business of the respective airline for comfort during night flights.

My biggest “crime” (and therefore shame) is that I collected SK European Business Class water- and avec-glasses for awhile. And yes MarcusUK, I regret it 🙂

Raj.JPGold
    Participant

I thought I was a weird one, keeping BP’s. I almost never take a web-checkin print out. Always get a BP at the counter. Have only started travelling past couple of yrs and have travelled in some 120 odd flights..Thank you for making me feel sane in some way..

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Only for tax purposes.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

No.

Once I’ve checked the miles have been credited I throw everything away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls