Do you keep a record of your flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• Stowage222
    Participant

Delsurrey, thanks for the link (although I see it is somewhat dated – I missed this one back in 2010)! I have signed up as it looks interesting. I’ll have a job inputting all my data though. I started with a BEA Viscount from GLA to LHR in 1956 and have been in the air since! I have only kept details of date and origin/destination airport. It runs into multiple pages but one key benefit is knowing where you were on a specific date in the past.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Lugano

Interesting. As an expat, I’ve been professionally advised to retain all boarding passes in case any authorities ever query how many days I spent in which country.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I always keep boarding pass stubs.

travelsforfun
    Participant

Yes, I also keep the BPs.

I also record the flights in tabular form in Excel and visually in PowerPoint (though the European map is increasingly indeciperhable).

The Excel table is regularly imported into Access and, more recently, to the website openflights.org, which I highly recommend – it generates a range of stats, such as total number of airports (206) and total time spent in the air on flights (49 days).

http://www.openflights.org

BeckyBoop
    Participant

At work we have to as its company policy 🙂 xx

BlackTower
    Participant

does anyone else have the love that dare not speak its name?

Timetables

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Wow what a thread. I have to admit that I have kept a note of all my flights but they are in 3 stages and in 3 locations following various moves.

I too also go back to my first flight which is on an Air UK Fokker 27 on an induction flight from Southampton to Southampton. I remember at the check in they had a sheet of stickers and they took the seat number off and stuck it on the boarding card.

I also keep in flight magazines and try and get a mint condition one each time I fly.

I also have all my tickets and boarding cards too.

Merlin1
    Participant

Good, it’s not just me. Since starting work in 1988 I’ve recorded a one line record of every flight I’ve flown, largely short haul European flights on business. Many defunct airines such as Danair and BCal to start. In more recent times less variety of airline and almost completely Airbus A319/A320/A321 flights as this aicrafat type largely takes over from Boeing in Europe.

For expense purposes my current and past company required the boarding pass to support claims ….so my wife happy that no clutter here at home.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Disgusted, I have a friend who did that but he’s now moved back to London. I shred everything once checked. Credit card and bank statements, the works. It drives my wife to despair as she can’t comprehend it but I reckon if anyone needs to check i’ll just download it.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

You could probably make a small fortune by flogging your tat….ummm I mean memorabilia….on eBay.

A good friend recently sold a Tarom safety card for £33 *sigh*

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Since 2006, havent kept one piece of paper for longer than it takes to scan it. Maintain digital copies of everything.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

BlackTower, it took me a while to pluck up the courage to admit that I love timetables as well. If you see someone at a train station furtively filling his pocket with them, it’s probably me.

Sadly airlines no longer seem to print them which I think is a great shame as I hate online versions where you have to know your route and often dates.

I much prefer to browse and be inspired!

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

Dare I admit to it…I have been collecting boarding passes for years – vertically stacked they are close to a grande starbucks cup.
    Make interesting reading when they occassionally tumble……old Iberia, Air Europe and even Wardair.
    Only now print off easyjet to save time on business trips and ryanair, since you have no alternative.
    Also a couple of old salt and pepper pots – BA First Class from 1982 complete with ‘To Fly To Serve’ crest.

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

Dare I admit to it…I have been collecting boarding passes for years – vertically stacked they are close to a grande starbucks cup.
    Make interesting reading when they occassionally tumble……old Iberia, Air Europe and even Wardair.
    Only now print off easyjet to save time on business trips and ryanair, since you have no alternative.
    Also a couple of old salt and pepper pots – BA First Class from 1982 complete with ‘To Fly To Serve’ crest.

VintageKrug
    Participant

We’ll have to send the Plod round 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls