Do you ever write to compliment crew?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve written praise and complaint letters to BA, LX, LH, AF and KLM.
    As to praise, every airline wrote back with AF and LX personalising their response.

As to complaints, only LX and KLM replied, with LX sending a personalised letter.

Not sure of the moral here but I’m sure you’ll all think of one! πŸ˜‰

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve written praise and complaint letters to BA, LX, LH, AF and KLM.
    As to praise, every airline wrote back with AF and LX personalising their response.

As to complaints, only LX and KLM replied, with LX sending a personalised letter.

Not sure of the moral here but I’m sure you’ll all think of one! πŸ˜‰

JonathanM8
    Participant

I email complaints and compliments via the BA website as there are specific forms for this. For the complaints I normally get a bland response that doesnt quite answer the specific issue I am raising. They normally throw me some Avios points, but in most instances I am left thinking that nothing will change – indeed in a number of instances there is a re-occurence of the issue which proves my point.
    For compliments I have NEVER had anything back – so I have no idea if the positive feedback I have given gets back to the member of staff in question or their supervisor. This does not encourage me to continue with my documenting of positive feedback – I always make sure that the CSD or Purser on the flight knows if I think one of the crew has given me exceptional service

Flyboy18
    Participant

Simon, I can confirm that any complimentary letters received are passed onto to the crew involved and if it’s about a flight then the whole crew are notified.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I recently wrote to AA to compliment a gate agent who really tried hard to reroute me when my onward connection (on BA) was badly delayed. He really worked at it, and I was so grateful. He didn’t succeed, but by golly he tried. I didn’t get any acknowledgment from AA at all

VoyageVoyage
    Participant

I have on one occasion, praising a cabin crew from Flybe for her professionalism, stopping people talking loudly, during safety announcement. Got a letter back from them saying how nice it is to hear a compliment and how this particular cabin crew (they stated her name) had been informed and praised.

BigDog.
    Participant

A little off topic but well worth watching…. listening …. and acting upon.

The one thing all humans have in common is that each of us wants to be happy, says Brother David Steindl-Rast, a monk and interfaith scholar. And happiness, he suggests, is born from gratitude. An inspiring lesson in slowing down, looking where you’re going, and above all, being grateful.

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_steindl_rast_want_to_be_happy_be_grateful.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2013-11-29&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_content=talk_of_the_week_image

‘A grateful world is a happy world’.

Very true words, but so easy to forget when dealing with our small and at times big problems.

Thanks for that BigDog.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I flew up to London, from Malta, on easyjet today.

Lovely crew, mature cabin manager and a friendly crew.

I spoke to her and said what a nice team she had and how the pleasant atmosphere made for a good trip.

Don’t see a need for a letter, but letting people know 1-2-1 is important.

Spotter
    Participant

I’ve always worked on the assumption that if I complain, I compliment as well and wrote to Virgin just last week about the good service provided on our flight from LAS.
    I doubt I will get a response, however πŸ™‚

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whenver I engage compliments or complaints or even just “observations”, I try to communicate with a person not an address, if I would like a response.

If no response is needed, eg – what a great flight etc etc – just send it though via normal web site…

SimonS1
    Participant

Spotter – I’m not quite sure of the point here. You had a good experience, and you thanked them. Do they really need to thank you for thanking them?

GregArias
    Participant

Re: written crew compliments…I am a flight attendant for a very large, international US airline, and usually work the Lead/First Flight Attendant/Cabin Manager position on both domestic and international flights.

Remember that air crew are essentially unsupervised employees, meaning that timely praise and recognition for excellent customer service from management is extremely rare in our jobs. Yes, some times we can “get away” with inferior work, but on the flip side, when we outdo ourselves, going above and beyond, there likewise is no mention of it…leading some disaffected crew to reason “Why bother? I’ll make the same salary whether I’m excellent or just average”.

Fortunately, I do get positive verbal customer feedback several times per day, and also get some very touching and inspiring written compliments passed to me via our airline’s website, as well as directly from some frequent flyers.

In a job without a supervisor hanging over our shoulders, constantly critiquing and/or praising our work, verbal (and more profoundly) written compliments recognizing our efforts are sincerely appreciated, and go a long way toward ensuring that we’ll continue to offer top-notch service.

It may not necessarily put any more dollars in our paycheck, but it will add a bounce to our step and a desire to “keep up the good work”.

So please, don’t hesitate to praise air crew you encounter doing their best to ensure your travel experience is as good as possible!

kevin46
    Participant

As a retired cabin crew member, I’m proud to say that I still keep copies of the many complimentary letters I received during my 31 years of service. These were taken into account during times of possible promotion, but that aside, they were also a great morale booster.

judynagy
    Participant

Thank you for bringing this up, Hermes. Now that I know most crew do see complimentary letters, I will be sure to get them written … so often there’s excellent service and I make sure the crew knows how good they are verbally, but sometimes they are in the back helping people disembark. I mean to follow up with a letter … from now on I WILL DO SO. I think that cabin crew have the toughest job in the world and they deserve to know how appreciated they are. I fly United domestically, so now I just have to go find out where to send letters. I hope they have an email option so it can be done immediately.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls