Do you ever write to compliment crew?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

• Anonymous

Hermes1964
    Participant

To counter the negative drift on the forum, what about writing to commend exceptional service?

I’ve done it a few times over the years when I or my family have been looked after particularly well – I recall letters to CX and (believe it or not given comments on another post about rudeness) UA (LHR crew though!). On both occasions individual crew members had gone more than the extra mile to help out in difficult circumstances and very nice replies came back noting that the remarks would be kept on file.

Seems to me only reasonable that you should say thank you properly when things go particularly well.

Am I the only softie around here?

Drsimon
    Participant

I too have complimented staff on th BA website following a return in club to Nairobi! Seats not working on the return night flight which meant manually reclining and resetting in the morning for an entire 2rows and a spilt pair of trousers for the CD (which was hilariously handled by him) and a bitch traveller in the next seat who demanded constantly and complained constantly (when not asleep) which was handled so well by the CD I had to compliment his skills personally to him at the club bar as well as to BA direct! And if he is wondering she was almost not allowed into Kenya as she created a fuss at immigration and almost a fight as she pushed in front of others in the queue!

BA4ever
    Participant

I never did but it seems like a good idea and I will do from now on.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

PatJordan
    Participant

When Aer Lingus receive a letter, email, tweet, etc, complimenting crew, the staff concerned receive a letter from a senior executive recognising their efforts.

A small thing which can mean a lot to cabin staff who encounter many hundreds of passengers each day. No doubt this leads to improved job satisfaction, which in turn improves customer experience.

Definitely worth putting a few words together to acknowledge a good service.

toonfan62
    Participant

I have on a few occasions and have received (at least seemingly) personalized responses from Delta and SQ. Always for way above and beyond proactive service!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I very rarely write to compliment, simply because there is very rarely anything that is above and beyond enough to drive it.

If i’m happy with the service, I’ll always tell the crew members and thank them personally.

The last time I wrote was to Ryanair, following an in flight emergency with a passenger collapsing and requiring immediate oxygen.

The crew looked to have an average age of 21-22 and the #1 was probably only 25, but the swift and sure reaction was highly impressive and the passenger received urgent, yet calm assistance.

I also spoke with the #1 on deplaning and he said it was the first time he’d been faced with such a situation and it had been a bit of shock, which I felt made the reaction even more impressive and deserved a letter.

craigwatson
    Participant

FDos –

Your comment ( re. 21-22 ys old) made me remember something. During my initial flight training I was made aware of a EasyJet flight that had a 22 year old Captain and a 21 year FO, with less than 3000 hours total time between them!! Scared the bejesus out of me that did.

Back on topic, does anyone really think that anything is done with compliments sent in? Honest question, as i’m not 100% sure anything is done with complaints most of the time, so would they bother with compliments?

MarcusUK
    Participant

I always balance a complaint, with previous experiences / flights that were not like that, or aspects that were good, and do not reflect the part of the trip i complain about..

In this way, I always get an honest reflection back, part thanks and a willingness to address the issue complained about.
    As a thanks, follows some gesture of miles, MCO etc.
    If you are a FF or shareholder, I put it in, and impress I have a stake share in the interest for things to be consistent and improved.
    This then comes across as balanced and reasonable, and a member of the same community.

This has happened with KLM, Gulf Air, SQ, MH, TG… But never anything from the defensive and attitudinal BA! Standard letters and cannot be bothered attitude.
    Hence, certain Airlines with some humility and interest to take time to investigate and do something, get my business.

In Europe, KLM top the rest for a rapid response and outcome, with action and feedback to the Managers enacted, related in a discussion and phone call to you directly. Usually a gesture of miles has already been made for you!

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Absolutely, we travellers should always be quick to give praise when due. All too often do we offer complaints yet few are quick to give positive feedback and comments too.

Case in point: last night I flew from LHR to JFK on American in business class and Lyn, the flight attendant serving our aisle, was truly phenomenal and outstanding in her levels of professionalism, banter and taking care of us.

While many are prone to judge an airline on the hard product, Lyn proved once again that it is the airline staff that make an airline, not the plane, seat, or whether they’re serving vintage champagne or not.

Top marks to Lyn, and as I discussed with her, we will be writing a letter of thanks to American Airlines,

fatbear
    Participant

I’ve only written a letter of praise once, on LH from Cologne to Rome about 15 years ago on a CRJ where the two young cabin crew members provided an outstanding service. Unfortunately my luggage didn’t make it to Rome, but that wasn’t their fault !

I received an acknowledgement from LH, which only responded to my one line on the baggage issue with the standard excuses and totally ignored my positive comments on the two crew members.

I’ve never got round to writing any complaint, even though there have been plenty of occasions when this was warranted. I have probably missed out on a few thousand air miles by not doing so !

1nfrequent
    Participant

I’ve used BA’s on line compliment facility to single out ground crew and cabin crew who have done a good job (one guy at LBA was especially good). In fact I’ve been lucky as I’ve had more good experiences than poor experiences and the way I figure it is that if I’m going to complain about bad service then I should give praise for the good.

1F

SimonS1
    Participant

If someone writes to congratulate an employee at BA, whether online or via the humble pen, is the employee a) advised and b) thanked by the airline?

Maybe RF or one of the other BA guys could advise?

DanielRawson
    Participant

Funnily enough I sent a positive email off to Virgin yesterday to counter a complaint I made a few years ago. I flew with my wife and three year old son in Upper Class from Manchester to Orlando on Thursday and the three crew in UC were fantastic in a warm and genuine way rather than the false way I often find. I asked Customer Service to pass on my appreciation and hope they receive some praise internally.

I’m often the first one to complain so I also make sure I praise good service as its only fair. It only take a few moments unlike a complaint letter which can take a while to write.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls