Do business and first passengers care about wine?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Rich: I don’t mind which eastern gateway airport as long as there is a decent and comfortable seating for the flight journey.

I don’t not like Moo-chi done Japanese style. Too doughy for me and quite tasteless.

I am sure Beekyboob would love Kauai! Who wouldn’t?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Rich, Flying, did I miss Becky somewhere? Don’t tell the wife, but I’m devastated 😉

We’re enjoying the summer sun in the s. Africa till March, but just learnt the in-laws are coming for 3 weeks in Feb. Any ideas as to where to go for about 10 days. Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia all see attractive. Grateful for your knowledgeable suggestions.

Swissdiver
    Participant

LP: Just received yesterday a warning about Vietnam from the Swiss DFAE http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/it/home/travad/hidden/hidde2/vietna.html (btw if you are using Twitter, do follow @travel_edadfae).

And wherever you want to go in that part of the world, you might want to consider http://www.orient-express.com/collection/map.jsp: usually very nice hotels…

Happy travel!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Swiss, am now following dfae. Orient Express is one of my favourite chains and I’ll certainly take a good look at their offering. In fact I’m staying with the family for a week at the Mount Nelson in Cape Town next week.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Rich, whats a moochi? xx

LP take the in laws to crete, me and the girlies will be there in june xx

Are you allowed to open your own alcohol on flights or would they charge you corkage? x

LeTigre
    Participant

I was pleased to notice in a recent review (excellent as always) of BA CW to Abu Dhabi that passengers were offered port.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/british-airways/british-airways-b777-200-club-world-2

I’m not sure whether it is just me but prior to this review I did not notice port being available in the CW cabin. Admittedly, I have not flown CW in at least 3 months but I do at least remember bemoaning the loss of port in CW recently.

Has anyone else noticed the return of Port or was it there all along?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hengli, Port has always been available on Swiss and its predecessor Swissair. It’s very good as well..

RichHI1
    Participant

I could not believe BA CE LHR-LIS no Port!. talk about lack of cultural sensitivity.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Becky, I somehow missed your 9 jan post. Got the in-laws here now. I retreat to my tv room and attempt to avoid them. Some friends have just arrived and staying in nearby hotel, so that’s 2 days taken care of.

Will head to Vic Falls for three days this weekend, then it’s just10 more days of purgatory till they leave!

Crete seems tempting but I can already feel the ball and chain being fastened by Mrs. LP. Can you post me a hacksaw?

PS. They won’t charge corkage but they won’t allow you to drink your own on board either.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Port is certainly available in NCW. I know 1/2 bottle generally gives me 5 hours sleep.

It is the only alcohol I drink and only when I fly (passenger end). Qantas have a wonderful 20 year vintage Tawny port. Some years ago following an onboard observation, (I think it was a 6 hour delay in BKK) QF sent a case of the Port of which i still have a few bottles left.

RichHI1
    Participant

I guess I must be unusual but I would expect in premium cabins, Port going to or from Portugal, Sake selection on flights to and from Japan and other culturally sensitive actions. Doesn’t happen though.I guess the bean counters do not like the cost of non standardization. They cater for Indian foods on Indian flights though….

LeTigre
    Participant

Thank you all, particularly MartynSinclair for your quick responses. It appears that I failed to notice as per usual. That QF offering sounds particularly scrumptious…

Not a bad idea, RichHI1, to include local drink specialities, though maybe it would be quite expensive to implement.

To add to your list some of my favourites:
    -Baijiu to/from China
    -Soju to/from Korea
    -Cognac to/from West France
    -Peroni Beer to/from Italy (a particularly annoying ommitance considering how cheap, popular and wonderful it is)

mikeymrp
    Participant

MartynSnclair – does half a bottle of port give you a hangover? Would me – hope not you

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

1/2 btl Port would give me gout 😉

RichHI1
    Participant

Empptied a decanter of Port wth a fellow traveller on LGW-DFW AA a few years back. DOn”t remember how it made me feel. FOllowing day wasn’t good though….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls