Deleted Threads

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Thanks BT – good to know you’re not as sad as the rest of us with nothing else to do on Sunday afternoons 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s good to see BT refocussing onto its core purpose. When there’s a dispute active with the major provider of business travel to the UK, then it’s of central relevance to a UK-based business travel forum. That time has now passed, and I hadn’t posted new content since June 2011 when the dispute was lost by BASSA, but it was absolutely valid to offer commentary at the time.

The thread has all been archived, so the content and links haven’t been lost. It’s ridiculous to suggest business travellers don’t have valid and relevant perspectives on such disputes.

More recently, the manipulation of the forum by DisgustedofSwieqi to hide threads (second time he’s tried this ploy), evidenced below, is not particularly productive:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/The-Luxury-Seat-Sale,-CWLCY-from-A-pound-1,529-rtn

The following might be considered for removal from the forum:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Of-course-they-have-no-hidden-agenda……?page=1

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Pilots-to-be-Given-Silver-Exec-Cards

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Mixed-Fleet-Removed-from-ATL-Route?page=1

It would be similarly helpful if the multiple identities used by Henkel/Ishmael/Tete could also be addressed.

The continual personal attacks on me in almost every thread, particularly from Henkel a significant proportion verging on a majority of whose posts discuss me, are wearing thin; childish and dull for others to read.

The noticeable uptick in unpleasantness can be traced to late August last year, when the Henkel.Trocken persona joined (a subtly misspelled username suggestive of the cheap German sparkling wine, and surely not chosen without some reference to my own handle, as Tete de Cuvee is also similarly wine-related).

It’s really up to other contributors to this forum to redress the balance; either we let ourselves be harassed by these single agenda, BASSA-affiliated, multiple identity handles or we can ignore whenever they post, not bump those mendacious threads and carry on posting on topics of interest to the Business Traveller community. It’s very much up to us.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well, here we go again. In spite of being asked not to bump threads and that BT will look in to the matter tomorrow morning we already have another attempt to manipulate the board.

I think it is of interest which routes mixed fleet operate. My experience of them is, well, mixed. Very mixed, they were all mixed up so I for one would want to know if they were operating a route.

NTarrant
    Participant

There are a number of threads which start off as a resonable question or comment but then ends up as a slagging off session. I would agree with VK about his first two threads which should be deleted. Although I would agree with you Henkel that mixed fleet thread should stay.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think this thread should be deleted too.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

RichHI1: Once the board is cleaned up a bit I agree, this thread should go and hopefully we can move to better times ahead.

I for one can live without the amount of twisted bitterness that has been flying around here and I thought there were two choices, say openly it was unsatisfactory of just go and stop posting.

I had a sense that many others were as fed up as me so I said it loudly and it seems there is support for my view. I’m relieved as I enjoy the board but not the day after day bitterness.

RichHI1
    Participant

I had my tongue slightly in my cheek, however I get som fed up that whatever the subject it reverts to BA every time, then BA Mixed Fleet, then Willie Walsh and Bassa.

Ther is more to air travel than BASSA, Willie Walsh, Mixed FLeet and BA. Is there any way posters can be brought back on subject? I know I can get a bit tangential but it is normally related and not a political hobby horse (I know don’t mention the EU)….

Swissdiver
    Participant

Since we are exchanging feelings, two things are actually annoying me on this forum:
    – personal attacks
    – fake participants (i.e. multiple profiles, pretending to be, …)

If I have one wish for the future, it would be to have a registration process validating the identity of the posters (for BT’s eyes only) and asking participants to acknowledge the terms of use.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Rich: I thought you might be!

So right, there is far more to the world of travel and some of it is rather good and exciting even for those of us who could be jaded by it. It can be a great life and there is so much that’s enjoyable and which can be shared for the benefit of others.

Perhaps for the rest of March everyone could refrain from posting anything at all about BA????

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“I for one can live without the amount of twisted bitterness that has been flying around here and I thought there were two choices, say openly it was unsatisfactory of just go and stop posting.”

Me too.

“I had a sense that many others were as fed up as me so I said it loudly and it seems there is support for my view

I am 100% in support of you.

Also, when VK was not posting, the board was a lot more pleasant place.

Even today, this poster accused me of bumping threads for the second time in a week or two and informed me my comments have no value; then later today, he bumped some as referred to by Site Administrator – VK behaves like a hypocrite and I would like to see this type of behaviour stop.

Also, VK posted this earlier on this thread

“It would be good if the multiple identities used by Henkel/Ishmael/Tete could also be addressed.”

This comment is unacceptable, as far as I am concerned.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Thanks DoS. Oh, how I laughed at the suggestion that I was either Ishmael or Tete, I enjoy the posts of both but I only have time to be me.

Let’s just hope that we can go forward in a most positive way and that the manipulation of the board can be stopped. I am sick of hijacked threads all back to the usual topic and usual mantras. It doesn’t matter what it was, it almost always followed a route and then the usual matras trotted out.

I think the chief protagonist has been exposed for what he is and that many people are voicing how sick they are of the behaviour which he has exhibited for a long time. He may have his uses in reminding people about offers but actually these are posted widely enough anyway. The bullying and belittling of others must also stop and the deliberate posting of information designed to do nothing but antagonise someone.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

‘Let’s just hope that we can go forward in a most positive way’

I hope so too, another poster (sorry, cannot remember who) recently said words to the effect that this forum is like being a member of an exclusive and sociable club.

It is great when it works that way.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It was interesting this morning in that 1 particular thread was removed extremely quickly whilst the other removals, followed………..some time later.

Another thread was finally removed (I believe) but only after repeated requests.

I agree with there being an etiquette in posting.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

How was your trip, Martyn?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

M1 was fine thanks. NHS cant decide whether an 85 year old is strong enough for an op (as its Sunday).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls