Deleted Threads

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

• Anonymous

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Without listing them, a number seem to have disappeared in recent days. Some of them have been antagonistic. There are others that could follow and which if deleted may make the board a better place.

Please may I suggest that anything about BA and BASSA is similarly binned?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, good idea. We’re moving on with new forum software which will make this whole process a lot easier.
    Many thanks
    Tom Otley

CXDiamond
    Participant

I too would be pleased to see these antagonistic BASSA v’s BA apologist threads deleted.

Tom: as you think it’s a good idea, may I ask when it will happen?

Binman62
    Participant

Yes please, do delete the BASSA rubbish

RichHI1
    Participant

Best news this week…

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Please delete the BASSA thread.

It has nothing to do with business travel.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I would also like to see threads, that are ‘bumped’ by the thread starter, deleted, unless there are very special circumstances.

RichHI1
    Participant

I would like a debump option…

Swissdiver
    Participant

Hold on, DoS. You can’t have a thread deleted simply because it might have been bumbed (continuing a discussion is not “bumping”). More generally, only threads violating the terms of use should be deleted.

P.S.: I also think the BASSA thread is rubbish, but this is not the question. Is it violating the terms of use, or not…

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Tom had noted previously it was hard to delete an individual post, I think what DoS is suggesting is for the obvious bump post to be removed, not the thread – thus discouraging bumps. Hopefully the new software will allow a single post to be deleted.

On a previous thread, now deleted, VK frequently posted 3,4 and once 5 times without response to maintain prominence for his agenda which is IMO an abuse of the forum.

Being a little sceptical I guess the prolific poster will resort to his many other handles to bump so it isn’t as obvious.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Tx TdC, I did mean post, not thread.

NTarrant
    Participant

There is nothing wrong in bumping threads that remind posters of sales. Although I do feel that once that sale has ended the thread should be deleted.

There have been a number of threads recently which have attacked certain posters and the deletion of them is quite correct. The “truth about BASSA” thread is now old hat and should be deleted.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

So. BT are we going to see the end of the BASSA threads – please?

Henkel, and everyone else here, it is Sunday afternoon in the UK. I have deleted the particular BASSA thread that had been called for deletion by several posters, and will look at the others during normal office hours tomorrow.

VintageKrug – we are well aware of which threads some posters feel should be deleted, so there is no need to bump them to bring them to our attention. I have deleted those unnecessary bumps.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends, those of you who are on weekends.

Which i was.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls