Celebrities – do they deserve special treatment?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

I was on the tube today, a lady got on at Canary Wharf, clearly pregnant and sporting a metal pin badge with the LU symbol and the words ” Baby on board” . Looked like an official LU type badge.

macaulay
    Participant

I remember sitting behind Pierce Brosnan (Concord to drop a name) and he and the excited BA staff thought he was too celeb to be required to put his seat back up for landing.
    i was cross and pushed him up from behind, I well remember the celeb stare as he left the plane.
    I lectured the staff about needing to do the right thing regardless of the stars in their eyes!!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Yes, MrMichael, the “baby on board” badges are issued by Transport for London. They are a good idea, I think.

PerthWA
    Participant

I give up… Who on earth are “Ant & Dec”?

DerekVH
    Participant

Ant & Dec are to be found in a jungle in Australia for two weeks of the year but I don’t think it is in the west!

jsn55
    Participant

Oh you guys are funny … I boarded a city bus to Venice last fall using my cane for my new knee. The bus was mobbed, it was hot and I had been walking too long. Two charming children full of tatoos with green hair and various piercings were sitting fairly close to the front … I’m not sure the girl could actually see me through all the makeup but I paused for a long moment as the bus began to move, then said “Get up”. She looked shocked but leaped up … and stood making faces at her companion while I just stared through her on the way into Venice. I believe that is the most rude thing I’ve ever done while travelling but it sure beat passing out in the aisle.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls