Cathay v Emirates to Australia

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• ivornomates
    Participant

One thing you forgot about, what happens when things go wrong, for CX will take care of you, I know many people with terrible experience of problems with Qatar, Emirates and Ethiad. New biz seats to London not due until late 2012. Current ones are fine despite all the comments usually made by one time upgrade freaks on flyertalk

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Spot on ivornomates!

I had the experience with weather and other matters a few times and CX and SQ took great care of me.

I don’t fly EK often (pointless for travellers from HKG or SIN unless the desire to save money) but the few time I transited Dubai was less than desirable! The EK on-board service is not very good from Asia and only better from Dubai to the UK/EU.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I would love to join this thread as it is indeed exciting to make this comparison ..From my previous humble experiences ,I have ALWAYS enjoyed being on a CX flight in Premium cabins regardless the a/c type …now with the NEW A330-300 biz seats on the CX101 and CX111 to SYD ,CX is the way to go …on the LHRHKG it is still the herringbone seat that MANY people love ..moreover CX lounges in HKG are a treat and really the lounges to beat ….on top of this ,nowadays accumulating points in your BA Exec Club account when flying with Oneworld members is even more generous than before making it easy to climb the ladder ..HKG airport is an inspiring one …..Go for CX ..go go go !

My previous experiences with EK have always been rather average ..let me admit that I have NOT yet had the pleasure to fly their A380 but I believe that with EK you just ought to be on this a/c ,otherwise ..not really inspiring …I hated their biz lounge at the new DXB T3 ….does not feel like a lounge ..EK is a good airline but more marketing hype and singing than others ……be on EK to enjoy the A380 ,otherwise go for CX ….The CX people DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!!….by the way ,the best thing about EK is their food in Premium …..

Enjoy the ride !

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Karim: Are you taken the CX flight with the New Biz seat to SYD next week?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Chinaman !

Mid JAN exactly ..I caught a lovely deal on CX !…..the other time it s gonna be KE ……any advice ?..cheers !

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Come to Sydney a week earlier as I shall be there from 4th to10th and we can go out clubbing like a local!!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sure thanks !

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls