British brands

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Ginetta, esselle? LOL

I would have added Mini (now German), Bristol and TVR (now bust), MG (now Chinese)… The list goes on…. (Sigh)

paulkaz
    Participant

Esselle, Has to be a Jensen Interceptor though the motor was from Chrysler. I think Bristols come a close second.
    I thought S1 was winning but I have no idea what bumping and trolling are and being Australian we seem to lose most sporting contests lately. Sigh

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ah Pimms, that staple of Henley, Wimbledon and British embassy cocktail parties!

Italian actually Andrew. One has to recognise excellence 😉 Big, fat and juicy, hand picked from a friends garden!

Now you’re talking Esselle. But isn’t it Kuwaiti / Italian with a bit of German thrown in? Do Ford still have their 10%stake?

You’re forgetting the Armstrong Siddeley in the list Ian!

esselle
    Participant

I think you might be right LP, and soon to have Mercedes engines.

Please, nobody mention British Leyland…………

SimonS1
    Participant

The Robin Reliant was an iconic British car….

BigDog.
    Participant

With Sch…. you know who – originally German – now under US Snapple ownership. BA have opted for a British supplier of Tonic (incidently the oldest soft drink in the world)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11729696/Fever-Tree-takes-to-the-skies-with-British-Airways-deal.html

Cannot say I have ever heard of them.

esselle
    Participant

Try Fever Tree once and you will never go back.

KarlMarx
    Participant

SimonS1 – 13/07/2015 09:02 BST

The Robin Reliant was an iconic British car….
    ++++++

Yep, your perfect set of wheels 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

I’d prefer a Trabant. Excellent economy.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Agree on fever Tree but a shame it can’t be bought here, though we do get it in South Africa.

Esselle, wash your mouth 😉 But i hate to say it but you’re right. Now where’s the soap!

the Reliant Robin, what an icon. Of course even better was the Reliant Scimitar which was driven by Princess Anne.

Charles-P
    Participant

The Reliant Scimitar – V6 Ford Engine and Wolfrace wheels. Now there was glamour !

A drove a Trabant once just after the Wall came down, frighting to think this was a family car.

BigDog.
    Participant

Clarkson, appropriately attired/protected takes a Robin for a slide and roll…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

BTW It was classified as a motorcycle for wheelie and driving licence purposes.. to get out of t’weather in winter.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls