British brands

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)

• KarlMarx
    Participant

SimonS1 – 11/07/2015 16:05 BST

Still having trouble understanding the point of the thread?

I’d draw you a picture, but the BT forum doesn’t support images.

Don’t you think it is time to stop your peurile bumping and let some other threads stay in the top 10?

SimonS1
    Participant

Bingo. Gets a response every time Skid. Rule Britannia.

MrMichael
    Participant

LuganoPirate, I don’t think it is deliberate in the sense of getting publicity. I just think at 94 he has grown weary of such gatherings and just wants to get on with it and get home to Liz. His facial expressions just before indicate he does not see the point of what the photographer chap is fussing about, and tells him so, leaving no doubt at all. I think he is absolutely brilliant and a great credit to our country. The very best of British.

For those not sure what we’re on about, Google you tube/prince Phillip swearing.

Sorry, off topic….although I forgot what the topic was other than the amusing spat between KarlMarx and SimonS1, you keep bashing away boys, I am finding it the most interesting post on here at the moment.

KarlMarx
    Participant

SimonS1

I have to say that I find you to post little of great interest, with many posts saying you don’t understand why other posters are annoyed/upset/frustrated etc.

Now you are trolling blatantly and keeping open a thread that had some interesting content earlier (apart from your schoolboy posts), but has now passed its sell by date and drifted well off topic.

IIRC, you were the poster who used to criticise Sgt Major for bumping old threads and trolling.

You are a hypocrite.

SimonS1
    Participant

Dear oh dear Skid you are a bit sensitive these days. Nice of you to remember your old mate Sgt Major though. Gave me a good chuckle, just like the day you got your miles and kms muddled up whilst chastising another poster.

God save the Queen.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Square aerials (or is it ariels?). I’d forgotten those.

Anyway, I’m now having a Gordon and Schweppes (or two), both British brands, watching a medley of British hyms from the Albert Hall, on the BBC via my SKY dish.

Now where were we?

SimonS1
    Participant

There you go LP. How time flies. The good chaps at Wiki say the squariel became obsolete in 1993.

Sadly Schweppes is American owned these days. Sign of the times unfortunately. Still, Gordon’s lives on as British, as does Pimms!

Where were we indeed….personally I’m watching the last dregs of the tennis. Skid has gone a bit quiet though, maybe he’s on that pm London Airways flight that always runs ages late….Newcastle isn’t it?

Andrew66
    Participant

LP, I’m sure Gordon’s s still British , it’s owned by Diageo which is a British company , Schweppes was taken over by Cadbury a few years ago to form CadburySchweppes which I think now is produced or made under licence by Coca Cola , of course Cadburys is now owned by Kraft and sold under a company name known as Mondelez , very little now sounds ” British ” !! I guess your lemons are from Spain ?? Lol

Interesting thread though , I do all my flight travel by BA and buy my energy from British Gas , it makes me feel a bit patriotic , but I do drive a German car !! You have to be sensible and practical at times !
    I’m sure KM would agree with that .

dutchyankee
    Participant

SimonS1, Isn’t it a bit banal to post something simply to antagonize someone else? Or is this likewise something very British? Just curious as enjoying the back and forth, but not sure you would be too happy with the score (I think KM is winning).

SimonS1
    Participant

I agree dutchyankee, I think it’s time to quit now (it’s banal, by the way).

Us Brits know how to lose 🙂

dutchyankee
    Participant

And never have a problem correcting someone else’s English when it isn’t their first nor second language; not a complaint, always happy to learn. I’ll be sure to do the same should you write in Dutch or French. I’ve corrected the spelling to not offend any others with my ignorance.

KarlMarx
    Participant

I’m sure KM would agree with that .
    ++++++++

Absolutely, I drive a German car, too.

esselle
    Participant

I drive a British car, made by hand in Crewe…………..except the company is owned by a German firm…………..and a British car made by hand in Warwickshire………except the company is owned by a Dubai/Italian conglomerate………and a British car made on Merseyside…….except the company is owned by an Indian firm……….but all three names say British to the rest of the world.

MrMichael
    Participant

I drive a Jaguar, anybody dare say that’s not British?

esselle
    Participant

Point made, Mr Michael. It’s not about the word, it’s about the heritage. Bentley, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Jaguar; could anything say “British” more than these marques?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls