Best way from LCY to LHR T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Shanwick1249
    Participant

One other thing, IF you are travelling at the weekend and planning to make extensive use of the Underground/Overground/DLR then double check to make sure everything is working, as some part of the network is ALWAYS closed for maintenance at the weekend. It’s a nasty surprise to be rushing for a flight and find the station gates locked in your face.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Another alternative is to get the Thames Clipper up to Embankment then the tube? I dont think this will save you much or any time but it may be more fun.

http://www.thamesclippers.com

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ FaroFlyer – 04/10/2012 15:14 GMT
    @ transtraxman – 04/10/2012 16:30 GMT

Gents, from the Crossrail website, the central section is currently planned to open late 2018 with the eastern and western sections in following months….

canucklad
    Participant

Faroflyer~~~this as they say is a no brainer !

I’m in Becky’s camp here. Split your journey. ,remember you’re trying to navigate during the peak rush hour!

Aim for a piccadilly station. I suggest Green Park. Apparently thers a nice club close by. I think its called Whites or Browns. Get a member to sign you in. Chill for a couple of hours. A glass of fine port then on your way avoiding the commuter rush!

As russian meerkat once said….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry I missed this one when it first came up, so like Canucklad I’m a bit late to the party. As other suggest, DLR and Tube, but I’d go:

DLR to Canning Town
    Jubilee Line to Westminster
    District Line to Barons Court
    Piccadilly Line to LHR.

The advantage to this is walking is minimised. Granted the tube journey is longer in time but you have to add the miles of passageway to be walked when transferring to Paddington.

Jubilee line avoids having to change at Bank and that nightmare connection to Monument. It also tends to be a “bit” less crowded and I think the trains are faster being newer, but that could just be my perception.

Barons Court is also a same platform transfer but much less crowded than Hammersmith.

To top it all off it’s cheaper as well but I guess that’s a minor consideration?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls