Best metro in world?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Not really a metro, but I love the train that takes you from Terminal E to terminal A at Zurich. Especially love the early morning kiss from Heidi and the Alpenhorn or Moooo.

Scott66, agree with you about the tube drivers holding everyone to ransom. I’d call their bluff and if they went on strike break out the Boris bikes and let all cyclists use the olympic lanes.

I’ve no doubt though that London Underground will really look into driverless trains, a la DLR, after these blackmail attempts. It will cost the drivers a lot more in the end I’m sure.

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

Tough one, and sadly we don’t even HAVE a metro system in Australia! I’d put Hong Kong up there, and also Vienna – the latter because of the integration with trams as well as trains. And yes, London’s Underground may be hated by many locals but most of us visitors rate it as fantastic, because we’re used to second-rate metros or no metro at all.

Tahirzaman
    Participant

It seems to me that SINGAPORE MRT is the best metro in the world due to the excellent management and high quality service.

Tahirzaman
    Participant

It seems to me that SINGAPORE MRT is the best metro in the world due to the excellent management and high quality service.
    Tahir

K1ngston
    Participant

I have to say the MRT in Bangkok Thailand is efficient, clean, well air conditioned and is extremely frequent, has great links to the BTS which is the overground system and seems to work! As traffic in the city there is so bad it is a great way to travel throughout Bangkok… and only used it once but there is a small automatic system in KL which also works well, they are unmanned but also very efficient

MartynSinclair
    Participant

One of the additional benefits of BTS in BKK (hopefully it is considered as a “metro”) are the elevated pathways / skyways that have been created. Crossing major instersections and being able to walk along Sukhumvit, especially at Asoke interchange and by central world / siam paragon has made this part of the city a lot better.

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls