Best laptop?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

OMG avoid the Macbook Air!!! Its mega fragile. I saw a nasty incident once going through security as it was being passed between hands it dropped and it never turned on after. I stick to my Dell very tough even after dropping it loads of times and spilling tea on the keyboard it worked after it tried up 🙂 xx

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“If you a really wanting a PC then I suppose there is a ‘copy’ out there on the market. “

The Lenovo X220 owns the Macbook air.

http://www.laptopreviews.com/macbook-air-vs-thinkpad-x220-comparison-the-gloves-are-off-2011-12

It’s a blokes PC, not a girly Mac and it doesn’t come in red to match Virgin hosty high heel shoes and like the Ford model T, you can have any colour you want so long as it is man black.

Fitted with 8GB of RAM, an i5 and 60GB/320GB SSD/HDD, it destroys a Mac for performance and it light and easy to carry.

Plus it uses the same software that the corporates use, not some arty farty cr*p that BBC luvvies like.

Choose Lenovo X220, own the opposition.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

“it doesn’t come in red to match Virgin hosty high heel shoes”

No longer interested! lol xx

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

You need an Acer Ferrari.

Very red.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

SOLD!!! Sex and performance!!! xxx

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“SOLD!!! Sex and performance!!! xxx”

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/acer-ferrari-one-review-49303769/

According to the text, “it uses AMD’s 2nd Gen Ultrathin Platform, previously known by its code name, Congo.”

Why do chip companies always choose such stupid code names for their products?

Why not the ‘banana?’

MarkCymru
    Participant

After years of making fun of the Apple cult, I got one as a gift two years ago. I would never go back.

Buy a Macbook Air, use Dropbox or SugarSync and Google mail and Docs. In the unlikely event you break it, you can pick up a cheap Netbook and get everything you need until you can restore your Mac (I incapacitated my Macbook Air by tipping a cup of tea over the keyboard. The Apple Store fixed it in a few days. The restored one has survived 18 months despite constant abuse). The Macbooks have solid state discs so, as an earlier poster noted, they’re faster and more robust than anything with an old-fashioned HD.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

For me it’s the iPad. Don’t bother with laptops and all the paraphernalia you need with them. Works a dream. My son who is a bit more techy than me swears by his Samsung Tab. He reckons its better than the iPad.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes great if you are doing small tasks but not when you want to work on multiple spreadsheets, view project plans, send emails, listen to music all simultaneously … the boss has now learned this and in less than a month the wife now uses the ipad ..laptops all the way!!! xxx

samanthah
    Participant

I can’t believe that the Macbook Air would be that fragile?! Even if it did you have a guarantee for a year or 18months (not sure which), so if anything happens, could could have it looked at, surely?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

All Apple stuff is fragile, style over substance if you ask me. My bf broke his iphone screen within a couple of months of getting one. Apple and insurance refused to pay out or replace xx

RichHI1
    Participant

Hi Becky, ‘fraid I vote the other wy on Apple and Dell. When I worked for big corporation they made you have a Compaq then did a deal with Dell. My COmpaq lasted 3 years and I got through 3 Dells in 4 months and I take care of equipment (HDD failed, battery charging caused fire and screen failed.
    Laptop for planes is a trade off, I want nice screen and watch movies with good powerpoint and spreadsheet performance but i also want Battery life and power that works on plane.
    I would go MacBook Air only after next upgrade with the new processors. On PC I have had Sony for a number of years. Only problem was Windows 7 upgrade which was total failure. Took it inot Sony Store and they fixed it in 24 hours. Otherwise flawless. RUns Blu Ray and just keeps running on AA power. Useless on non power planes as original battery does about 1 hour and I could never find the extended battery. For BA in Europe I use a Gateway Netbook which is great for movies and mail. $189 2 years ago.

As per prior post, buy the Otter case for Iphone.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls