BA’s Shocking New Olympic “Slurry” Livery

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I understand that Rich, but does that mean that other companies can not even mention the word Olympics.

With less than 100 days to go, adverts are starting to show on TV but I would have thought the Olympic spirit would be here.

We will only realise how massive this is once it is over.

I know some dont agree with hosting the games, but the fact is we are:

RichHI1
    Participant

I think BA can legally prevent any carrier (or whatever the scope of their rights is) form using the London 2012 Olympics in any promotional or marketing material.

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA is the official airline partner of the Games, and has a nifty little microsite all about it:

http://www.britishairways.com/cms/global/microsites/2012/index.html

RichHI1
    Participant

Interesting that BA is only allowed to promote the Olympics in the UK. I am intrigued why they are not global aprtners like Coca Cola?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Surely the words OLYMPICS LONDON 2012 can not be trademarked.

I understand a product can not advertise or use any Olympic symbol or mascot, but whats is stopping say Virgin or Easy from plastering one of their aircraft with something along the lines of

“xyz company welcomes the Olympic Games to London”

…or is that a breach of something or other………..?

RichHI1
    Participant

Getting close. The purpose of the UK legislation is to stop firms or persons from implying an association where one does not exist. As SPonsors and Partners have paid for their association they will be keen to seek redress for damage and likely try for the loosest interpretation of association.
    I would suggest that a factual reference to games taking place in London without reference to a firm or person in association would be allowed and possible if there was a disclaimer that there was no association existing or implied then that might suffice, GIven the lovefest between BA and most of its competitors, I would not expect much from VS on the Olympics or Paraolympics.

http://www.london2012.com/documents/brand-guidelines/statutory-marketing-rights.pdf

MartynSinclair
    Participant

No wonder everyone is so shtum about the Olympics, too scared to mention it for fear of being sued.

Why on earth there is not more of a build up…………………..COME ON UK PLC – THE OLYMPICS ARE NEARLY HERE

I think BA should go a lot further as the sponsoring airline. Indivduals may not like the designs, but we should be show casing ourselves.

RANT JUST BEGAN!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

LOCOG ..A privately funded Organising Committee

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) is the private sector company responsible for preparing and staging the 2012 Games with the intention of making as BIG a profit as possible.

Although the people of London are actually paying for the whole charade…7-8-.9..Billion they will have no real part in the “show”…nice little earner for a few….nudge nudge..

Should anyone actually get a ticket and visit just make sure that you dont bring the non protected bottle of cola with you otherwise you will be dragged out of the arena by hundreds of volunteer security people (cheap) and probably renditioned to somewhere unknown
    Isnt big business wonderfull…short and curlies…

RichHI1
    Participant

“Britain is open for business”

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I saw one of these A319s for real parked at LHR this morning, it looked good in the sunshine that was around at the time. I’m not sure it had anything to do with either the olympics or BA but it looks good in real life all the same.

RichHI1
    Participant

Interesting you are not first to say it is much better inr eal life. Maybe it was just a very poor PR kit and photos? With a detailed design like that I can see looking at it on a bigger scale may make it look more effective.

RichHI1
    Participant

It seems BA partner status is European not global.

Moggy60
    Participant

Huge praise to BA for participating and supporting the cause. Unfortunately by going to a barmpot like ms Emin you end up with an abomination in the coloursceme of a child’s nappy. Just look at the 2012 logo what kind of think-tank came up with that? Monstrous.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Britain’s Office of Fair Trading said on Thursday it had fined British Airways 58.5 million pounds for price fixing in relation to fuel surcharges, imposing a penalty that is less than half that agreed in August 2007.

Now that BA have an extra 50M in the slushfund after having their fine (for fraud) reduced by 58 .5 …??? for admiting their “crimes”…err mistakes…..you would think that they could afford another tin of paint…
    Suppose this was .just like a parking ticket to a Spanish company.
    No thoughts however for their estemed clients..it seems.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I wish they could put that airbus in a nappy; though some of the brown unpleasantness would no doubt spill out.

Perhaps then it could be represented as an allegory to the Gillian Duffy incident!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls