BA’s 767s — Winglets

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

Nice spot from VK, i think it will be a great step to get over the fear if you could understand how they flighting, Also remember that most of the parts of a plane are changing with other new, during their service period and those parts are vital that you cannot see them when you are a passenger.

kazywazy
    Participant

Sorry having a blonde moment, what do you mean “parts are vital that you can not see them when you are a passenger”?

NTarrant
    Participant

Kazywazy look on BA’s website and follow the link for fear of flying. The course run by these guys is very good. Mrs T has undertaken it twice and is so much better than before, only turbulence is her problem now.

Do the course again and these guys (Captain Keith I think) sends regular newsletters and say you can email any questions afterwards

Potakas
    Participant

Probably is not a blond moment from you, probably are my English…

I was saying about engineering or technical things-parts .

Usually when you are on a plane you only see the interior and if this is old then you can have a bad idea about its safety, but this is not true as most of the parts that are responsible for aircrafts safety are not in common view and the only reason to feel comfortable is the Airliner that you are flighting with.

Here is the link for what Nigel told you about:

http://www.aviatours.co.uk/

kazywazy
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for your comments, I will take another “fear of flying” course and hopefully feel safe enough to travel to Turks and Caicos. Have a good day x

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Even though I am slightly off topic from B767s to fear of flying, but kazywazy, you could not be in BETTER hands than with BA if you hold such a fear.

I travelled earlier this year from LHR to JFK with my colleague who suffers from horrendous fear of flying (which to someone like me, who loves to fly, seems sad).
    From the moment we arrived at the airport, BA staff were genuinely caring and understanding.
    They arranged special boarding, a visit to the flight deck where both pilots took the time to chat with us for a good 10 minutes and answer her many questions. The First Officer even checked on us during the flight and the Cabin Crew were briefed and discreet.
    Just make sure you mention your concerns when you check in and again at the gate so they can tell the CSD and BA will do the rest.

Hope you are fine and have a great trip!

jason1976
    Participant

Awww come on! Lol. Poor old 767!

Can understand from a crew POV (they’re not nice to work on).

But from a passenger point of view?

OK Club is the old seats. But a 2x2x2 config, right up front and a cabin with max size of 24 seats. Versus the ‘dorm’ J cabin on the 777 or 747 lol. And its still a fully flat bed.

WT+: In my opinion the best WT+ cabin BA has! OK, maybe with the exception of the 777-300. Again, small cabin. 2x2x2 seating (versus 2x4x2 on 777/747) and even your own loo. Feels very seperate from WT.

WT: I think the 2x3x2 seating is less claustrophobic than the much denser seating on the 747/777. All the 767’s have AVOD and it seems to be much more reliable on the 767 than the 747.

I have to admit, I find the passengers I serve on the 767 to be a more happy and comfy bunch down the back than on the 747 or 777.

kazywazy
    Participant

Hi Jason, thanks for the information, as you can see i am thinking of booking a 12 hr flight with BA on a 767 ER, and was concerned as these are being replaced in 2012, so not being a very good flyer was a little worried.. I have noted your comments with seating on WT plus and would possibly book these seats. Now only have to get over my fear !!! lol

travelworld
    Participant

Just to return to the theme of the B767- I travelled on an Air NZ example, winglet fitted (presumably non RR engines), from Apia, Samoa to Auckland last month, albeit in Y class. It had had a complete cabin refit with AVOD added and I thought it was a terrific Y product, with good legroom and a 2-3-2 seating formation- far better than 3-4-3 on wider planes. So I’d say it was great for mid haul even if you weren’t at the front of the plane.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Getting back to the original thread title, it would indeed be interesting to know if BA was planning getting winglets for the younger 767s which presumable have a few more years to go on longhaul….

I always prefer to travel in a Rolls, another good reason for sticking with BA!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls