Bangkok meetup for Forum members – December 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

There has been talk of trying to arrange a meet up for Forum contributors in Bangkok in December. Not knowing what I am letting myself in for by creating this thread, I am willing to try and put something together.

**Suggested dates will be somewhere between Tuesday December 12 and Thursday 21st December.

**Location – central BKK

**as with all group dinners, it is important to ensure everyone comfortable, so a suitable venue will be selected once numbers are known – but suggestions are always welcome

**In the first instance, if you are interested, please can you reply on this thread, then we will work out how to get in touch.

**Please also suggest dates that suit you…

**this will be a very casual, informal but hopefully extremely enjoyable evening..

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Hi Martyn

Please count me in for this, provided of course, that I am able to include Bangkok in December’s Asia itinerary.

I sent you my business Email address back in August- hope it was received ok?

Cheers
    ST

Flightlevel
    Participant

Great idea ‘though a few days before Xmas – don’t people have families to see then?
    A neutral date like January or November when tickets are cheaper too, may be more appropriate?

stevescoots
    Participant

Dates are good for me, I will be in VN and HK over that time so its just a short hop over

K1ngston
    Participant

And for me too Martyn I will be able to arrange to be in BKK, but please make it closer to the beginning of December as closer to Xmas heading away for the holidays

Looking forward to meeting everyone in BKK!

thebigseats
    Participant

Earlier in December could work – if an irregular “contributor” is welcome?!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@thebigseats – all are welcome – I’m hoping some of the BKK based contributors will also come along. Once the numbers are known we can decide on location / budget… etc

@K1ngston
    – From my perspective it can be anytime after 10th December (I arrive early evening 10th) – I hope that will be ok..

capetonianm
    Participant

I might be in KUL at some point in December, and have always fancied the train trip from there to BKK. It might just work. I’ll keep an eye on this and may inflict myself upon you!

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I live in Bangkok and would be delighted to come.

Tramor01
    Participant

Hi Martyn, I’m planning (all being well) on being in BKK between the 7th and 10th, off to Hanoi for a few days, and then back between 14th to 17th.

traveldoc1
    Participant

Great idea, and I’d LOVE to join, especially since I’m BKK-based BUT….. I depart on the night of Tuesday 12th (AY144 to HEL and on to DUB) for Christmas break. Earlier would be good, or early in new year??

donkeyasia
    Participant

Happy to attend, dates are fine.
    If attendees would like to provide Martyn with their choice of
    1. Type of evening – pub, sit-down, other?
    2. Type of food – Thai, Western, Pub, other?
    3. Location – Restaurant, hotel or local, name of venues known to the Bangkok contingent and frequent visitors?
    4. Budget if relevant –
    * Martyn, if you need assistance beforehand let me know.
    * Capetonianm – unless you are intending to take the Orient Express, I would not risk the train. extremely erratic timetable and notorious for late arrivals. there have been some mugging issues on the local train from Hua Hin to Bangkok in recent months. if you have the time a hire car drive is an interesting option.

PrakashMehta
    Participant

Martyn – this is a great idea (especially since regular followers but occasional posters like me are welcome) and thanks for taking the initiative.

The suggested dates of 12-21 Dec work well for me as I have a commitment at home in BOM for 11th Dec and the earliest I can fly out to BKK is 12th Dec.

ASEAN Traveller
    Participant

Great idea and would love to join. Preferred dates from my end would be 11 and 12 or 18 and 19 evening. I am KL based, so if we can’t make it work this time, very much look forward to the next. Thank you again for the suggestion and for organising Martyn.

JKL
    Participant

So close but so far 😉 I’ll be in the region, but won’t be able to fit BKK into the schedule, sadly. Maybe next time. Have fun, those who go! (I know you will, having met Martyn in Bangkok before!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls