Bangkok meetup for Forum members – December 2017

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

I’m not doing that much travelling any more, but a social meet in Bangkok could be of interest. Ideally the 11th, 12th, 13th or 14th December, as from the 15th onwards, I would think fares are going to be much more expensive.

K1ngston
    Participant

I quite like the idea of the Black Swan and the obvious needle between the blue and red of Sheffield supporters, now that could be better than the entertainment establishments elsewhere me thinks 🙂

If I remember rightly there is a great rooftop bar around where the A-Loft hotel is one of the Soi’s going up towards the Landmark from the Westin which could be a good venue??

Tramor01
    Participant

K1ngston – The Four Points on Soi 15 Sukhumvit has a rooftop bar

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m quite tempted by this. Never been to BKK so if the date fits i may just come along.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It looks like the date will be Wednesday 13th December.

Any generic information I am happy to post on the thread, but for any other specific detail, please email [email protected]

K1ngston
    Participant

Tramor01 I think thats the place had a great night there once good ambience comfy chairs and music you can live with…As for first time visitors LP you are most welcome and I am sure there are many fellow posters who could and would be happy to show you around the sights and sounds and history of Bangkok….

KSHaggag
    Participant

Many thanks ,MartynSinclair for the update .

I will book my flights accordingly .

See you there !

Cheers ,

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Please excuse this thread bump – but just as a reminder, the BKK meet up is now set for Wednesday 13th December in central BKK. All are very welcome. Thanks to “donkeyasia” who is BKK based, we have secured a wonderful venue in a central location for a reasonable cost. The evening will commence….. probably late afternoon 🙂

If anyone would like details, please email [email protected]

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks K1ngston. It’s getting more and more tempting. Just got to persuade Mrs. LP to let me go. Seems she does not trust me in the company of BT Forummers (especially for some reason Martyn) as you may lead me astray!

Just seen a fare, out Swiss in Business (u/g to F) and return with Austrian airlines for EUR 2,400 ex MXP. Is this a good fare do you think?
    Also, where are you all staying. Any suggestions welcome?

K1ngston
    Participant

Hi LP, sorry for the late reply, I fully understand your wife thinking you will be led astray by Martyn, he thinks its me that leads him astray it so isnt!! Please tell her that I will look after you, I promise 🙂

Martyn and I will be staying at the Westin so please feel free to book in there….

K1ngston
    Participant

Hi LP, sorry for the late reply, I fully understand your wife thinking you will be led astray by Martyn, he thinks its me that leads him astray it so isnt!! Please tell her that I will look after you, I promise 🙂

Martyn and I will be staying at the Westin so please feel free to book in there, I believe we can get afternoon tea reserved!!!

canucklad
    Participant

Alas, I’ll be helping to keep the wheels of industry turning back here in Blighty.
    Have a great craich’ing night, and in my absence can I recommend a favoured cocktail of mine…..

A Canadian Hi-Ball – Very refreshing, especially in the humid nights of Bangkok

Shandy01
    Participant

LP – just fyi – lots of MXP-BKK fares around EUR1500 in Dec, on QR using the QR20YEARS discount code.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks K1ngston. Mrs.LP has given the green light, though in return she wants to go to Bali for 3 weeks!!!
    I’ll sleep on it and probably book tomorrow. I see there are 2 Westins in BKK, which one are you staying in?

Thanks Shandy. I’d not thought about QR so I’ll check that one tomorrow as well.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – will PM you the hotel details

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls