Balckberry / RIM 3rd May 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• JimboEe
    Participant

BigDog – thanks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I didnt realise what a hassle it was to change 4 lines from Blackberry to Apple. Apart from 1 lady, T-Mobile could not have been more unhelpful, even if they had tried. Result is that 3 lines will probably leave T Mobile,1 has to stay as there is no other network includes calls to Europe and USA as part of your bundled minutes.

Car Phone warehouse, very suprisingly were helpful, but Phones 4 U, it seemed too much of a hassle for any of the staff to get up of their seats to help.

All in all, I am away from Blackberry (well soon will be) and it looks like from T Mobile as well, after 23 years.

Thanks for the Otter Box rec BB – looking at Ebay next.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn, too many fakes on ebay order from the manufacturer!!

Jimbo, i use a Samsung

esselle, the Nokia doesnt have many apps. What do your girls use?

JordanD
    Participant

I’m a Nokia Lumia 800 man, having ordered my phone a while back and now in the later stages of my 24 month contract; excellent phone, and very pleased to see the growth of the continued Microsoft Windows Mobile OS operating environment. My previous client meant travel to Finland – unsurprisingly, my Nokia went down very well with them, where the Lumia 900 was the phone de rigeur

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just to end this saga about Blackberry, if you are unable to view a “Send” icon after writing/replying to an email, the service books need to be reinstalled.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I also have a Lumia 800, excellent phone.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Meanwhile, we are delighted with our Blackberry Z10s and can’t find a fault with them.

I believe it’s being dubbed the iPhone 6.

SimonS1
    Participant

All a matter of personal taste. I have a BB and an iPhone and hate the latter intensely.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Had similar experiences with my BB and delays with emails on Friday. I still think its a good device despite the problems from time to time. I guess if it’s that urgent the individual would call anyway and I can’t think of a time having experienced problems receiving calls just the ability not to answer them ;o) not avoiding the timeless issue of network coverage which I believe is more of a problem in the UK than the rest of the world … I too hold an iPhone 4s which I much prefer nowadays.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’van iPhone 4 locked to a contract with Swisscom and a Samsung Galaxy3 which I paid for so is not locked and I use this when travelling so I can swap SIM’s. Love it and its way better than the iPhone. Even elder son now wishing he’d gone with Galaxy over iPhone.

Just bought a Samsung something or other for the youngest. Cost CHF 150, not locked and what’s brilliant is it takes two SIM’s so he has his Swiss and S. African one both in saving swaps and possible losses. He can Tweet, Whatsapp etc and its quite small. May go for one myself as that’s all I use them for!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Can you swop SIMs with an iPhone 5. I read somewhere that the unit locks when the first sim goes in and you are stuck with that network…..

LP

I have a Samsung S3 as well. No problems with it except the battery seems to run low at an alarming rate and with its slim design it’s very easy to drop..thankfully not down the toilet yet which happened with an old phone!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Nope iphone is definitely the way forward. I don’t know anyone personally who want anything else. All my mates have given up their Blackberry’s I don know a few clients that have a Z10′ and speak highly of it but think it is a little too late to the market.

LP, what’s the duel sim phone your little one has?

BigDog.
    Participant

Jimbo,
    I would agree the Galaxy S4 appears a touch fragile maybe as it is so slim. However as mentioned elsewhere a fair proportion of mobile users nowadays use cases for overall protection as well as carrying adaptability.
    Given the S4 has a raft of health/fitness apps I guess Samsung went down the route of not bulking up the OEM case, keeping it slim and leaving the user to choose whether they want/need a case suitable for jogging; waterproof; heavy duty/tank or merely day-to-day.

I went with the incipio dualpro over the otterbox as it was less bulky but had as good a reputation. Both manufacturers have ranges not just for specific phones but also your need/activity requirements.

Be_Nice
    Participant

I am an iPhone convert 2 years back and no looking back. I use the iPhone 5, iPad and still a blackberry for purely work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls