Balckberry / RIM 3rd May 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Any one else having blackberry / rim problems with email. T Mobile says the whole system is down again, but cant find anything online confirming the problem….

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Yes, my one was down from 1030 until 1530. Pain in the butt these things.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Mine’s been fine all day, but then again I’m on the best network – Vodafone.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Have a colleague who has had issues on Vodafone (has 2 blackberries). Another colleaguw on T-Mobile took the battery out, rebooted and seems to be working again.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Finally done it – GOODBYE BLACKBERRY & RIM. iPhone 5’s have been ordered. 3rd day of no emails and continuous dropped calls through Blackberry …..

esselle
    Participant

Try the Nokia Lumia 920. Brilliant.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’ve gone for iPhone on the basis that the majority cant be wrong. I am not looking forward to the transition, but accept that I can no longer fight advances in technology 🙂

I had only just renewed my T Mobile contract for blackberry, but so p*ss*d off with Blackberry that I have quite happily paid to get out of it.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Esselle, OMG Nokia didn’t think they still existed.. lol 🙂

Martyn you should of said something sooner i could of saved you the aggro of buying out. make sure you get yourself an Otter box case for your iphone. Otherwise you will be starting a new thread on where you can get it mended cheaply 😉

JimboEe
    Participant

Esselle, I’ve got to agree, the new Nokia Lumia smartphones are excellent… I also use the 920 after years of running an iPhone and a BlackBerry, and have never looked back…

BigDog.
    Participant

Next time around Martyn, take a look at the new Galaxy S4. The health/medical/fitness apps were key factors for me…

http://www.imedicalapps.com/2013/03/mobile-health-tracking-samsung-galaxy-s4-accessories/

At present in the UK, unlocked/sim free ones are rarer than hens teeth, so obtained an octa-core from Boston at the usual rate of USD=GBP – a good saving to boot.

esselle
    Participant

Your Beckiness
    Why comment on something you haven’t tried?
    My wife dumped her iPhone for a Lumia the day I brought mine home.
    I suggest you try one, then have an opinion about it.

JimboEe
    Participant

I’m guessing you use an iPhone Becky…?

JimboEe
    Participant

BigDog, where did you buy your phone in the US? Good to know about better availability and prices… Mrs Jimbo also wants a shiny new red 920, but I’ve only seen the yellow, black and white here in the UK.

I did consider the Samsung S4, but it felt very flimsy and fragile. How are you getting along with it? Have you also experienced the lack of Memory on it from the bloatware Samsung preloaded on it? I heard there’s less than half available to use from the 16GB Samsung claim it has…

BigDog.
    Participant

Jimbo –

http://www.megamobileboston.com/home.html

Mega Mobile
    278 Washington Street
    Boston, MA 02108
    617-573-0073

Have only just got it so am still learning my way around it – will report back in a month.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls