BA/Iberia…Time to split?

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 180 total)

• CXDiamond
    Participant

However his name is spelt and I can think of a few alternatives too, he remains one of the weakest CEOs of any major airline. He has one agenda which is to reduce costs. As any poster here who is good at their job knows, there is more to running a business which is just one of the reasons why he has got it so wrong just like he did at Aer Lingus.

My husband and I agree with you CXD. Something needs to be done, losses at these levels as a group, created by mismanagement and failed strategy are urgently requiring rectification.

BigDog.
    Participant

Alex@16:40 Your post now appears rather out of context/inaccurate, any idea of the cause?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“but the way many of you carry on makes me wonder whether you spend all day in a boardroom or in a sandpit.”

In my objective experience, there is little difference at times, emotion rules and irrational decisions are the order of the day.

“The only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.”

DavidGordon10
    Participant

For those of us from the academic world, we have to remember Sayre’s law “Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low.” Maybe this is why I feel at home on this website? Academic life is the most refined form of sandpit.

There was a time when being clever was considered as much an insult in the right context as a compliment. Being academic can have equally as many meanings. Having spark and a sense of humour doesn’t mean we fail to understand or read between the lines.

Just in case anyone thinks we don’t “get it”. We do. Have a great night darlings!

HarryMonk
    Participant

Bigdog, your constant sniping and personal remarks regardless of the target contributes nothing to this board.

BigDog.
    Participant

Well Harry, perusing your posts I note you are more partial to being critical of others than providing one iota of new information to the forum, so I guess I’ll pass at being offended this time. Thanks for your contribution.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ BigDog. – 13/03/2013 03:31 GMT

Even if your posts sometimes leave me gasping in astonishment, you’re clearly one of the most informed and knowledgeable around the site so keep on hacking us off…! 🙂

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Big Dog

Agree with your comment at 13/03/2013.

I think it is time we had a ‘wall of shame’ for posters who criticise others, but don’t contribute much original content, I suggest a starting list of

Harry Monk
    Irons 80

I would love to add VK, for lack of trip reports, but to be fair he does contribute very useful info about BA promos that has saved some posters a lot of money, so I have to respect that.

Oh honey you shouldn’t go down that road sweetie, it’s too far beneath you. If you know who they are, let them swell and dry and eventually fall like an old grape from a vine. Everyone can work out who they are.

I can and I’m new.

I’ll say no more before this hairdressing woman back combs my hair even more violently, I swear she enjoys it.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Hi Anastasia, greetings from Hell’s Kitchen.

I think it’s going to be a fabulous day Anastasia..have a wonderful trip. Do you mind if in future I abbreviate your name?

You can abbreviate it sure, to Anastasia.

Off to Heathrow soon. I just hope my assistant gets their on time. Someone has to get this bag up in to the overhead.

transtraxman
    Participant

This has been taken off the front page of the Spanish financial newspaper “Expansion” today.

http://www.expansion.com/2013/03/13/empresas/transporte/1363181039.html

“Iberia y sindicatos firman la propuesta del mediador y ponen fin a la huelga”
    which means ..
    “Iberia and the unions sign the proposal of the mediator and so put an end to the strike”

This is supported by the minister but take note that the pilots union, (the all powerful SEPLA) could still undermine the agreement.

However, my reading says that basically the deal is done. SEPLA will have to succumb eventually.
    Whatever you think it seems that the unions have accepted the inevitable under the conditions accepted by IAG two days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 180 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls