BA/Iberia…Time to split?

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Ah, yes I have found it in the .pdf. I think somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Here is the rest of his statement:

“I firmly believe that part of the problem with our industry has been that there have been far too many reasonable people within the industry who have accepted legacy thinking, legacy actions, legacy behavior, and have left it unchallenged.

I’m pleased to say, I’m seeing less and less of that behavior within the industry, and I genuinely believe we’re in an industry that’s at a crossroads and facing a very exciting future.

We clearly have a lot of challenges. And you’ve seen some of the challenges outlined for you today. Now, I’m not going to go through too many of them again for you, but I do want to reinforce a couple of points. Rafael has given you an overview of the Iberia transformation plan. That plan has been developed by Rafael and his team, so it is an Iberia plan, but we have assisted him to IAG with research, challenge, and assessment of the plan so that I believe it’s an extremely comprehensive plan that, when implemented, will address the challenges that Iberia faces today and is likely
    to face in the years ahead.
    I will never say that when it’s implemented the job will be done, because this is an industry where the job is never done. There will be more work to do, but this transformation plan will take Iberia from where it is today to where it needs to be.

I don’t think anyone will doubt the determination on our parts to implement that plan. Within IAG, we have the expertise, we have the experience, and we have a successful track record in implementing significant change within the airline industry. We’re absolutely determined to do what is necessary to take Iberia from where it is today, which is clearly unsustainable, to where it needs to be so that it can contribute to the targets that we have set for our company and deliver the sort of returns that we believe are necessary and which we believe are achievable for IAG.

So we recognize that it’s going to be challenging, but I can assure you, hope you’ve seen this — Rafael and his team are absolutely certain of that.”

At least everyone knows where they stand with Willie! His job is not to be popular, his job is to deliver profits and minimise losses and that’s exactly what he has done.

See the meeting date above.

link: http://www.iagshares.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-presentations

look for the above, download the PDF search pat of the script above for a unique word, I think its P34

canucklad
    Participant

His perfomance with the aviation select committee deserved a standing ovation!!

A bit of realism into their politically skewed world!

Profits VK? To BA maybe. Just. To us as IAG shareholders? I’m not so sure. Max nearly died of apoplexy when he saw nearly a $1 billion dollar loss.

BigDog.
    Participant

Leave the wannabe to his virtual world Anastasia, he makes stuff up to suit and antagonise. His raison d’etre. He often is found out then peddles back editing (or deleting) his posts to avoid more embarrassment.

VK Makes me smile sweetie, he’s got all the time in the world. He reminds me of that funny old couple who bought a farmhouse for their retirement under the flightpath at Gatwick and now spend every waking minute moaning about jets flying over at 2000ft.

Theres always one.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

‘Cos little Willy, Willy won’t go home
    But you can’t push Willy round, Willy won’t go
    Try tellin’ everybody but, oh no
    Little Willy, Willy won’t – go home

BigDog.
    Participant

Strange how yet again VK appears to manipulate threads. Anastasia’s was top of the page now with posts being deleted VK’s miraculously gets to top.

[edit – VK’s post now relegated as HT notes below]
    [2nd edit – VK’s post now deleted, guess to hide his tracks and manipulate the thread further. I wonder where VK’s disappearing link to Walsh’s quiz time with MPs will subsequently appear?]
    [3rd edit – VK has deleted around 5 posts from this thread so some posts may appear out of context. Lets hope he stops posting altogether instead of posting and editing/deleting]

BT – in the upgraded forum, could the ability to delete be prevented. There have been several occurances on this thread both, to avoid embarrassment as VK’s mis-information was uncovered (again) also wanting to be at the top of the page. Thanks.

Poor old VK has he just reposted a post to be Numero Uno? Bad VK.

Ah well, Willy this Willy That, hit him with a cricket bat. I admire his tenacity and general ability to put his case. But he’s becoming a bit of a “well he would say that wouldn’t he” figure. The argument that if you repeat the message over and over in the end everyone believes it must be true only holds if everyone says it. Willy waving his bits in the air over and over just gets tedious. Max has decided to attend the next shareholders meeting, something he loathes doing he’s that fed up with him.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve just played VK’s game and deleted a post I made earlier in this thread, that has resulted in all the posts moving up one!

If anyone is interested, this is what I deleted:

I also think that IAG will find the legal situation in Spain much less in their favour than they did in the UK. The UK has some of the weakest employment protection laws in Europe regardless of how the CBI wails to have them weakened further.

In Spain the situation is rather different and as BigDog rightly points out, with IB it’s the whole company not just an element of the cabin crew.

I watch with interest.

Willie willi it all sounds silly.

Your reverence for this tyrant of airlines and I frankly think a perpetrator of anti-competitveness VK, makes you sound like you work for them.

I’m new here and thats what it feels like, even if it isn’t necessarily true. max has a substantial enough share holding to have changed his mind about DubyaDubya. That in itself is a triumph.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I checked into this thread to read about BA and Iberia. As always, I went to the last page and the ENTIRE page is filled with b%$#ing and moaning about who deleted what and when and why expressed with a level of nastiness that is completely unecessary for a light hearted and informative site like BT.

Yes, we all know various poster’s personal preferences and we don’t always agree (sometimes strongly)… but the way many of you carry on makes me wonder whether you spend all day in a boardroom or in a sandpit.

Let’s all lighten up a little.

Slapped wrists all round boys and girls!

I’ll go to the corner of my huge office and sit in disgrace in my gigantic white leather swivel chair and look out across all of London as a punishment.

Just a minute, need to get that Martini ready…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ AlexUpgrade77 – 12/03/2013 16:40 GMT

+1

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AnastasiaBeaverhouzen – 12/03/2013 16:48 GMT
    + 1 except i will have a glass of wine 😉 x

AlexUpgrade77 – 12/03/2013 16:40 GMT
    +1

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls