BA New First from LGW

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

• Anonymous

JonathanM8
    Participant

The three 4-class 777’s out of LGW were ‘promised’ to be upgraded to New First starting from this month (not before time………Gatwick is always last in the queue for anything new). Has anyone seen any evidence? I am travelling in early May to St. Lucia and NF on a 777 would be so much better than OF (expecially with those tiny IFE screens)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Its the same with Virgin. Gatwick based aircraft are always considered the poor relation!

Bucksnet
    Participant

I think all first flights should be from Heathrow. The routes are more premium, you can use the Concorde Room, and it saves keeping 2 fleets at Gatwick.

RichHI1
    Participant

Bucksnet, what wiuld you swap out? I suspect more likely route to your proposition is BA will remove First from LGW services (and probably CE for Europe).

NewBAexec
    Participant

I can assure you that BA will not remove First and Club Europe from LGW services.

The aircraft with NF is arriving into LGW on 25/04/12 and will be initially flown on the Bermuda and Barbados routes.

Aircrafts VIIA, VIIB and VIIF will be replaced by VIIU, VIIV and VIIW with all three having NF.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Yes, a colleague flew NF last week from Port of Spain (touching down in St Lucia) en route to LGW.

RichHI1
    Participant

NewBAexec I was not referring to a short term horizon. Fom thinsg I have gathered over time, I would be surprised if the current approach was in place 5 years from now.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’m sure BA could find 3 daily slot pairs from the 40 or so it’s getting from BMI to move all first flights to LHR.

RichHI1
    Participant

I could see some BMI routes going to LGW.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Exactly.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

BA couldn’t start the work until GRAES completed the 90 day certiification period by the CAA – I think from memory this was up mid April therefore they may start and head to Cardiff to be fitted.

Each plane takes about a month as they are getting new first, plus new AVOD and new economy and premium economy so progress will be slow – I think from memory there are only three 777’s with First at LGW

JonathanM8
    Participant

Inside information, NewBAexec? So why is it operating the Barbados and Bermuda routes but not to St Lucia….my bad luck obviously!

wychycoo1
    Participant

I’m travelling with a friend in1st LGW – BGI ON 28th May BA2155, I know the question has already been asked but hoping for NF.

I understand that GVIIU is operating both the BGI and BDA routes? if so does anybody know if it operates more BGI than BDA??

JonathanM8
    Participant

You can track where G-VIIU went on http://www.thebasource.com and you will see that since it has gone to LGW it has gone at least once on each of the LGW long-haul flights scheduled for aircraft with First Class. But it doesnt predict future aircraft allocations. So its a 1 in 3 chance right now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls