BA New First from LGW

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• Markbetts123
    Participant

πŸ™‚

bacrew1
    Participant

and for everyones info.. that basource link hasn’t been updated..

the 777’s G-VIIC, IIE, IIH and ZZA have new first too…

The last 2 777’s that don’t have it (ZZB and IIS) are at Cardiff now.

superchris
    Participant

BAcrew1, so to be clear, all 777’s from here on have NF fitted? Thats good news (not ive refrained from taking a dig as to how long its taken, oops just done it!).

re 747’s I understand that all High J 747”s are completed, with low J’s not scheduled to get fitted – is that correct?
    Anyone know how I tell if a route is high or low j when you are booked in first? Im on the BA213 to Boston on the 19th Sep in First.

bacrew1
    Participant

superchris

correct..all 777’s will have new F once the 2 I mentioned are out of Cardiff.
    All high J’s have it (and have had it for some time now)
    All mid J’s that were planned to be converted, have had it done… The remainder will not be converted as they are planned to be retired.
    At the mo, your flight is on a high J 747, so new F.

superchris
    Participant

Thats great news thank you. For me and all other First travellers!

AuldReekie39
    Participant

Bacrew1

Can you confirm if either or both MCO (Orlando) to LGW on 31 May will have NF fiited?

Many thanks.

VintageKrug
    Participant

ALL OF THE BA 777s OPERATING PASSENGER SERVICES ARE NOW FITTED WITH NEW FIRST.

BA ONLY OPERATES ITS GATWICK LONGHAUL ROUTES USING 777s.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/first/public/en_gb

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“a First canin”

I hope that is not some sick reference to the age of BA First hostesses, a la Krughandles’s jibes at AA crew.

bacrew1
    Participant

Auldreekie

MCO’s are operated by 3 class 777’s so unfortunately will not have any First class onboard yet alone new. πŸ™

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“We’re currently rolling out the new First cabin across our fleet and have already completed more than 75% of the planned longhaul aircraft.”

Can someone please define “75% of the planned longhaul aircraft” – are some of the Heathrow based longhaul’s not gong to get the upgrade??

Bucksnet
    Participant

KrugHandles – 08/05/2013 17:53 GMT

Your SHOUTED statement is factually incorrect. By saying that ‘all of the BA 777s operating passenger services’ you imply that BA also operates the 777F freighter version as well. Also, a lot of the 77Es (700-200ER) are only 3 class and do not have first, new or old.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Can someone please define “75% of the planned longhaul aircraft” – are some of the Heathrow based longhaul’s not gong to get the upgrade??”

Yep, 10-12 lo-J frames, IIRC.

So you’ll get a 1996 product (actually refreshed in 2000, so only 13 years old) on some routes.

And you won’t always know, due to the potential for aircraft changes.

Thank goodness I’m not an F user.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls