BA new First a bit cramped on 747?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

• nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

given a choice on the same route ? i wld choose cathay F, not SQ suite.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Nathan, may I ask why you prefer CX to SQ?

CXDiamond
    Participant

Well, as the saying goes every picture tells a story and the ones posted certainly do explain why BA F is cramped. I hadn’t realised that the seating density was the same as VS upper class, amazing that VS haven’t picked up on it and started some sort of advertising campaign! Should we tell them I wonder?

CX F is of course my favourite and the new LH F looks so good too, even TG is a very pleasant experience. Eight to ten seats does appear to be about the number that sell with a little flexibility.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Nathan, SQ is a no go for me because we dont have any business need to fly there. We only fly to HKG when heading east bound. So unless all the direct are taken and the SQ flight is available and within budget, then we are good to go. Also i dont earn enough money to fly first or business for lesiure either on any airline. One of my directors loves SQ but the old first on the 747 especially seat 1B, he is not too keen on the suites.

LPPS thanks for sharing your view.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I found these additional pictures of BA F earlier, when you look at the same views of LH F or TG F you can see clearly how overcrowded the BA F cabin is. I think the newer product looks even more over crowded than the older version.

http://tinyurl.com/cfav3lq

http://tinyurl.com/c4oktwt

It’s strange that you have a sense of something being behind the competition and then when you look at the pics, it’s clear how overcrowded it is.

RichHI1
    Participant

Whilst I take all the points of too many seats on some carriers, it is clear to me there is a split market. Some travellers like to close a door and be in isolation and others like anfeeling of space. I tried a casket once, for all BA’s overcrowding on 747’s they are nowhere near as claustrophobic to me as the isloated suites. Personal taste I guess.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

Sure LPPSKrisflyer, you may ask me. I happen to be a big SQ fan, i was on the 1st SQ A380 SIN-SYD, OCT 25, 2007. When i compare CX’s 6 seats on their 777’s in F class, with SQ’s 8 seats in thier 777’s in F, then there’s no comparison, CX is miles ahead of SQ. Examine & compare the 2 cabins. as far as the suites go. i find the SQ bed long & narrow. CX’s first class bed is wide @ the top, one can sleep with their arm fully extended. Again, given teh choice of F class cabins, i would choose Cathay. personal preference.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Some of the above seat plans are way out of date. The pictures are all of the latest versions. For instance Air China now only have 10 F seats but they are in zone B rather than zone A on the 747 so the comparison to current products in the nose is unfair and TG sell the 747 with 14 F seats as C although it is not unknown for substitutions to occur and that version to turn up though most are now reconfigured with 9 F seats.

Nathan, agree, the F seats on SQ 77Ws are poor, they don’t compare well to CX. The suite is a different proposition which I rather like. As before I’m happy with either. I probably would use CX more if they offered F to SYD which of course SQ do.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Do you know which ones they are? just so i can let BT know

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Not sure, but I know many are out of date, in addition to the ones I sighted I know KE have ten F seats in the nose of the 744, QF are removing F from the 744 but no idea about United.

So I guess most of those maps are out of date.

Hi LPPSKrisflyer and BeckyBoop,

Thank you for your observations about the above seatplans listed on the site. We have investigated and have found that those for the two Chinese carriers’ B747s are indeed out of date, and we have sent them off to be redrawn appropriately.

In terms of Qantas the removal of first class is an ongoing process and the carrier has yet to issue updated plans. We will try to stay on top of this though and keep them as up to date as possible.

All of the other plans listed above have been checked and are up to date and correct, as per the relevant carriers’ websites.

If you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will endeavour to keep everything as accurate as possible.

Seatplans.com

IanFromHKG
    Participant

BT, I think the CX plans need a bit of work too. According to CX’s website, the A340s are now 2-class only but your site shows only a 3-class configuration; the B747 map is tagged “(new product)” even though they all have the old one; there are four A330 configurations but you only show 3; and the same goes for the B773…

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Thanks Ian_from _HKG – we’re working on this today, and will have new seatplans uploaded as appropriate soon.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

think its time the guys @ Business Traveller take note and either create a new string for this exchange or change the title. We have now clearly moved away from our original discussion, CX versus BA first class cabins. This discussion is now about seat plans. đŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls