BA loses bags AGAIN – four out of five short-haul sectors!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Sorry to hear about you’re attire’ly atrocious situation Martyn.

Crossing threads maybe it’s a ruse by BA to encourage people not to check in bags that can be carried on board. : ) also had a wee chuckle to myself when I read BA’s comment……..”lower than expected levels of luggage” …….to the rest of us,that translates into “lost” : )

One last thing Martyn…surely they’ve managed to raise their expectations and reunite you with your attire by now?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hotel just called to confirm missing bag has just arrived at the hotel.

In the meantime, I will continue my delicious lunch in alto Bergamo, with friends.

Thanks for messages and advice…

first_class_please
    Participant

Does anybody use any of the baggage tracking systems available, such as recommended by Business Traveller?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/business-traveller-plus/business-traveller-plus-general-information/reboundtag

peter19
    Participant

After reading an article in BT about baggage the other month i was thinking to myself i have never lost a bag ever when flying..since then i must be jinxed and have had 2 bags lost in the last 2 trips.

One was my golf bag and wasn’t essential for the trip so i was ok and still had some Shirts! It got lost at Heathrow and didn’t transfer to Philly. It did arrive slightly damaged though so i contacted BA who advised to expense a replacement which i got paid within one week. All pretty satisfied really as i was on a 3 week business trip and managed to get a new one in time for the trip back.

This week amongst the chaos at Gatwick during the French Strike i arrived in Glasgow to be the last one standing at the carousel. Too tired after the flight i wasn’t in the mood but they were very efficient at updating me. I asked for the bag to be sent to Aberdeen, slightly disappointed it arrived the next day in GLA but they would not send it up that day as it was over 90 miles to delivery destination and for BA rules it had to come overnight so took an extra day. Again i was coming home so it wasn’t a real issue but if you are away for a long weekend like Martyn was i can feel the hassle especially when you don’t want to spend a day shopping!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ first_class_please – 28/06/2014 13:54 GMT

Thanks for the link.

Graham: Can you advise how digital subscribers get their promo code for their 20% discount please as I would like to sign up for this before heading off to Asia next Friday.

first_class_please
    Participant

Anthony, sign in to your account and then access the details via the BT Plus page, or here –

http://www.businesstraveller.com/business-traveller-plus/business-traveller-plus-vip-membership/reboundtag

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ first_class_please – 29/06/2014 10:31 GMT

Have done and many thanks.

SimonS1
    Participant

Good news Martyn.

Oman Air are still fobbing me off 2 weeks after mine went missing. Rumoured to be in Kuwait but I’m told their station manager there is too idle to respond to the numerous messages sent……

ImissConcorde
    Participant

BigDog.
    Participant

…British Airways admits thousands of passengers left without baggage because of Heathrow chaos…

Vegas flight – Four bags lost retrieved after 2 days with all ransacked for Mrs. Rooney.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675316/Coleen-Rooney-claims-luggage-ransacked-en-route-Las-Vegas.html

canucklad
    Participant

Talking to my mate tonight after the 5s ….hes just back from a 9 day road trip from Atlanta to Washington……And guess what…on arrival in peach town …no bags…..

BA managed to finally reunite him with his luggage a week after he arrived

For a full week my fashion conscious hapless pal purchased clothes that made him a prime candidate to.appear on Jerry Springer or at the very least, he wouldn’t of looked out of place at a trailer trash hodown.

BA will recompense his Wal-Mart shirts and $ store socks on proof of purchase, I think he should demand more….. any advice for him would be welcome.?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Tell him next time to buy decent stuff, without taking the Mickey. The memsahib bought decent stuff from M&S last time – nothing outrageous, but decent quality nonetheless. BA paid up (eventually!). But since your pal bought crap, they will only reimburse him for crap. Receipts definitely required.

Not that I would condone it, of course, but your story did briefly make me wonder if there is a market for secondhand receipts!

dutchyankee
    Participant

@BigDog, And I bet Mrs. Rooney will get a much bigger payout than any of the rest of us should the same have happened. Reminds me of the ludicrous payout to Obnoxious Spice when her bag was lost. A one policy for all doesnt seem to exist when it comes to celebrities. And just as an aside, the only `designer` bag I saw was the Pegase cabin bag by LV, the rest look normal to rubbish.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Ian
    He recognizes his mistake, but didn’t want to take the risk. He assumed that BA would be difficult to start with, so if he purchased decent like for like clothes, they would be doubly difficult.

I’ve advised him to man up and pester them again, trouble is, and he isn’t interested in Avios points as he doesn’t really fly BA regularly. So I doubt if BA’s customer service team will be all that interested in keeping him happy!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls