BA loses bags AGAIN – four out of five short-haul sectors!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

Ian fm HK –

Given your OP, just hoping that you are not expecting to ski somewhere great like Japan and that skis are not involved

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Ian, not that I am trying to rub your nose anywhere but on our recent return from FCO, we had one box stuffed full of local goodies plus eight (very well bubble-wrapped) bottles with various libations carefully packed in my Berghaus Mule 80 bag. It was with a degree of trepidation that we checked them in but they were correctly “Priority & Fragile” tagged, came up amongst the first bags at LGW and were entirely intact with the contents unharmed. And Snr Mgt’s bag came up next to mine.

BA have only mislaid a bag of mine once in some 35 years and have never (touch wood) damaged a bag.

So, it can be done!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Peter, thanks but in am only heading home!

Anthony, your experience with BA is similar to mine with cathay. Bag delayed only once (and delivered to my hotel the same day). Occasional damage to bags, always resulting in no-quibble repair or replacement. But I think your experiences with BA and mine are just averaging out – so although I do not, of course, wish upon you loss of or damage to your possessions, if you wouldn’t mind swapping places with me in BA’s statistics I would be terribly grateful!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

am now using trakdot… will not stop airline losing bags but at least I should know where they are….

I am going to Milan this weekend, exactly 1 year after my bags did not fly with me to the same destination…..and arrived 24 hours later…..

SimonRowberry
    Participant

My worst experience was with LOT about 5 years ago. They “lost” our bags between LHR and WAW and the staff at WAW were a disgrace. The key problem was that my (then) 9 year old son had packed his two beloved “aminals” (cuddly toys) in the bag and he was heartbroken that he might never see “Polie” and “Copper” again! The bag did arrive at the Bristol on the next flight, but if it hadn’t been for the hotel car driver’s help, we’d not have been able to even register the fact that the bag was lost. The LOT staff could not have cared less (I may even have posted about this at the time). Hope things have changed with LOT….

Then, a few days later, we were flying VNO to WAW. My son managed to leave his Nintendo in the cab from the hotel to the airport. He realised at check-in. A quick call to the hotel (the excellent Radisson Astorija) enabled them to contact the cab company, locate the car and arrange for his game machine thingumy to be delivered to us at the gate.

Apart from that, I think that in well over 1,500 flights, I’ve been really lucky with bags (and yes, the last incident quoted was totally our fault!).

Simon

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Ian_from_HKG – 15/07/2015 22:24 BST

LOL! Well, on the principle that events do average out over time, you are clearly now owed a run of good fortune. Fingers crossed that you get it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, you would think, wouldn’t you Anthony! However….!

I am finally in the lounge waiting for my BA flight (delayed) having been shunted from First Class check-in (emerald oneworld member) to Assistance to Ticketing (no queue for the first, short queue for the second, looooonnnnnggg queue for the third) all because I was apparently supposed to pay a “penalty fee”, which turned out to be the GBP100 change fee which I thought I had paid by phone and credit card weeks ago when I changed my return date. All of this took almost an hour.

Mind you, if my bags actually arrive this time I will be as nice and forgiving as I have been to all the BA staff I have encountered so far, all of whom (again to BA’s credit) have been tremendously willing. The lady from the assistance desk (queue number two) even stood by me at the ticketing desk (queue three) to ensure I was served first, apologised profusely, and all could not have been more helpful given the obvious system constraints they have encountered (annoying and unnecessary as they are given I thought I had already paid the change fee, so all this should have been unnecessary).

NOW let’s hope my luck has changed and I get flight crew as lovely as the ground crew. But I have to say I am not hopeful!

Signing off now, I have to head to the gate. Wish me luck!!

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls